News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Enter Alyssa

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2018, 10:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

A teleport later and you stand at the scene of the crime.

What's left of Researcher Mickel is splayed across is pillow-bed, chest torn open like a child would tear open a present-box. An empty cavity is all that remains - no sign of ribs, lungs, heart or other such things. Only a mess of blood and flesh, left behind. Mickel himself was a middle aged human, face locked in an expression of horror, sightless eyes staring at nothing. Blood is splattered around the bed.

Nearby is a man in full red robes, hood done up. This man is Regent Delaize, an elf who has long been part of the Guild. His gaze is on the murder scene, hands kept together and hidden in his heavy sleeves. He says nothing to acknowledge you, peering at the body in lieu of conversation.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa inspects it as well, hoping to glean from the damage if it was specific to a creature or ritual.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Have any ranks in Heal, first of all?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Nope! I'm a terrible Factotum. I need to go through and put like 1 rank into every skill so I can use Cunning Knowledge.

Anastasia

Okay, what knowledge skills do you have?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Okay, the following are buff spells that I reserved time to cast on self.

Elemental Body (Fire), CL 29, Duration 29 hours.
Fire immunity, burn (those you hit in melee and those who attack you with natural weapons must make a Reflex save or catch fire, with a save DC equal to that of a fire elemental of the same size).

Mind Blank, CL 29, Duration 24 hours.
The subject is protected from all devices and spells that detect, influence, or read emotions or thoughts. This spell protects against all mind-affecting spells and effects as well as information gathering by divination spells or effects. Mind blank even foils limited wish, miracle, and wish spells when they are used in such a way as to affect the subject's mind or to gain information about it. In the case of scrying that scans an area the creature is in, such as arcane eye, the spell works but the creature simply isn't detected. Scrying attempts that are targeted specifically at the subject do not work at all.

Bibliotheca Arcana, CL 29, Duration 24 hours.
You gain a +15 insight bonus to all knowledge checks and may make knowledge checks untrained. This knowledge extends to knowledge of your own life. You you have perfect recall of your own memories for the duration of the spell. Effects that change your memories, such as modify memory or mindrape, are suppressed for the duration of the spell. You gain the ability to read and speak all languages during this time, as if affected by a comprehend languages and tongues spell. Finally, you may instantly absorb the information of any written material you touch, as if by a scholar's touch spell. For the duration of the spell, you have perfect recall of the material read in this manner.

Many Moments of Prescience (3 uses), CL 29, Duration 29 hours.
This spell is identical to moment of prescience, except you can use its effects once, plus an additional number of times equal to your caster level divided by 10. The insight bonus equals your caster level (maximum +30).

Epic Mage Armor, CL 29, Duration 29 hours.
This spell is identical to mage armor, except that it grants a +20 armor bonus to armor class.

Thanks to Bibliotheca Arcana, I have access to all knowledge skills, but these are the ones I have actual ranks in:
Knowledge: Arcana
Knowledge: Dungeoneering
Knowledge: Geography
Knowledge: Nature
Knowledge: The Planes
Knowledge: Religion

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

K:Nature!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+57 : 9 + 57, total 66[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Hmm. Looking closely, you can tell that the wounds are like those made by claws. Bear claws in particular, if you don't miss your guess. A dire bear based on the size of them or similarly enhanced ursine, or perhaps simply an abnormally large bear.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa blinks at this.

"That's... Strange. The wound pattern looks like claws from a bear. Unusually large or a dire bear."

She begins looking around for other evidence of this. Fur or claw marks or the like.

Anastasia

Spot.

Regent Delaize merely adds, "My own conclusion," he says, soft-voiced. It carries despite the softness, projected well. "A summon gone wrong? The wrath of a Malarite who had a grudge against him? A summoned monster used to assassinate?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

You mean Perception? Pathfinder, remember.

> roll 1d20+42
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 57 > [d20=15]

Anastasia

Yes, you know what I mean.

You see no sign of claw marks or damage, save from bloodstains and similar such things.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"If it were an actual bear, I think it'd leave some sign. Fur, additional damage, something. The only thing damaged here is him. Polymorph, likely. Or an overly intelligent and calculating murderous bear summon."

Anastasia

A soft snort at the latter, "A spell to summon an intelligent bear assassin. No, I believe shape changing of some form is likely. The diviners have already been informed, since if this is from an external threat, this cannot go unpunished." A few beats and then he adds, "By your command, of course."
<Afina> Forever.