News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Raven's Nest

Started by Anastasia, June 04, 2018, 11:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

'Thanks, I'll let you know if we need further assistance,' she replies to Seira.

Anastasia

As you go Amaryl holds your hand, "They really don't need our help? We've all gotten so strong," Amaryl says, "We've grown so high and so far."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"There's merit in being kept in reserve," Seira responds, before snorting. "Besides, Shar must be piss drunk to think this scheme would work."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"She may have made a mistake, but..." Amaryl trails off as the two of you fly down, "I worry that there's more to this than we can understand. She has dominions over darkness and caves, hidden things are what she does."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'Alright, enough already with this,' Seira responds, keeping this on their private telepathic channel. 'The doom and gloom, oh no our enemies are coming and they have a plan.' She gives Amaryl a sidelong look. 'We're not neophytes, we both know this is possible. At the same time, we also know there is literally nothing we could do differently to prepare for the truly unknown. We're keeping our guard up, we're working to counter the causes of our enemies and to advance our own, we're making alliances to come out all the stronger. Hells, we just made one, and I've got to admit I never expected it would happen as a result of attacking Yan-C-Bin.'

She sighs, letting out her breath. 'So what purpose does this demoralizing, useless talk serve? Do you have specific measures you want us to put in place? Special training we should undergo? It's hard enough as it is trying to keep everyone's morale up while my best friend's being attacked by Shar without me there by her side, and I need you to do the same, not bring us both down with vague fears of the unknown.'

Anastasia

Amaryl looks away a moment then looks at you, 'Lives are on the line. Lives and souls, Seira. I'd rather worry than assume Shar's made a mistake or hoping she has. Maybe she has, maybe it's a gambit we can't see. Shar most of all is our greatest enemy, and I refuse to believe we can't take her too seriously. It's just...It's just...how do we win, Seira? She's still so much stronger and if we don't stop her, everyone loses forever. I just can't not take that seriously.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'It's alright to worry, we all do when Shar's involved. It's also perfectly fine to suggest course of action we could follow. But this depressing gossip is just what Shar wants, and we're not going to do that anymore. We'll win by following our own plan. Right now we, all our friends, Alicia and her court? We'll all lose to an avatar of Shar, and she has plenty of those. But once Oberuth censures Shar on Balmuria, things will shift a bit in our favor. Once you ascend properly and we share our duties with regards to our followers, things will shift in our favor once more. More of Shar's plots will be countered by us and our chosen, and less of hers will come to fruition.' Seira stops, floating to face Amaryl and placing her hands on her wife's shoulders. 'That's how we stop her. Not by being sad and weepy and fearful, but by trusting in that one chance, however remote, that we succeed. Remember that time on Lifasa? Remember what I told the mortals, at the time? I can't expect them to believe in me if you won't.'

Anastasia

Amaryl listens...and smiles. 'You're right,' She murmurs, 'I needed to hear that, Seira. Thank you.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

An answering smile appears on Seira's face. She shifts to offer Amaryl her arm as they descend down the Cauldron's length again, asking, "Do you think we should increase the Cauldron's size? I was thinking of a tenfold increase, timed for when Kascha visits with Vlaakith."

Anastasia

Okay, this is getting into weird appendix territory, lemme move you back to your own board then in a new topic.

This also makes it easier for me to manage.
<Afina> Forever.