News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Establishment

Started by Anastasia, June 15, 2018, 05:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

'Well, those are possibilities, yes. However,' Tryll says, turning to the slaad, 'I am still unsure. Are you certain this is alright?'

Sense motive, taking 10 for 42.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Yes," the slaad says, "So long as it is art!"

He seems to be telling the truth.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Is there anything otherwise remarkable about the sword? Details, etching, etc? or is it just a glass sword?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

It's a glass sword with an added spike in the middle, really.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

That's barely art. The hell's it doing here?

'Well then.' Tryll takes the sword in his psychic pseudopods, examining it, 'Okay.'

Then he snaps it in half.

Anastasia

Ask Renbuu, the response would be enlightening.

Gimme a Charisma check here.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+12 : 10 + 12, total 22[/blockquote]

Anastasia

The sword shatter son being snapped, a rainbow of glass shards scattering about. It catches the light, glass shards everywhere.

Dana steps back on instinct, "Geez, break it, don't fucking spray it!"

Miranda watches as they settle on the ground, "Rather explosive. I think I get it. The sword is a symbol of order - seemingly strong but ultimately too rigid, snapping at the slightest application of chaos."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

This is clearly what was intended to happen!

'Yes. All things drive toward chaos. It is the nature of all things to end. In doing so, they create new beginnings for other things. Life ends and new life begins. The blacksmith's hammer beats the ore into new shapes. This sword becomes something new.' The shards gather themselves up and shape themselves into a passable-yet-jagged bust of Dana.

Craft Check. Calleigh is manifesting Matter Agitation to make the glass melt together.[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+50 : 2 + 50, total 52[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Technically, I'm not sure if this spell is hot enough to melt glass - it takes more heat than I imagined - but I'll roll with it here.

The glass melts - the medium's poor, but it's enough to make a glass bust of Dana that resembles her.

The slaad merely claps his hands and...

With slaad, randomness is always an issue.

> roll 1d100
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d100 --> [ 1d100=71 ]{71}

"Fascinating," he declares, "A new form, one as different from a sword as food is from alligators!"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Quite.' Tryll agrees. 'Though Dana can be sword-like, she is also a bit rough around the edges.'

Anastasia

"I see, I see! Yes, it is art!" The slaad declares, "Hmph, now refresh me on why you were here, artist?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'To speak with Renbuu.'

Anastasia

"The Artiste is not here," The slaad says, as he abruptly begins to radiate rainbow colors, "So you'll have to- oh dear."

A booming laugh fills the gallery end to end, echoing around you.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Ominous!" Calleigh says.