News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Cabin choices

Started by Anastasia, July 18, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I was confused for a bit there yeah. Strike it all and do it again?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Balls the size of grapefruits," Dana agrees, "Big fucking grapefruits. So you have to fucking know that suspect one is Mask and his ilk."

"Could be," Miranda says, "But what about Mammon? He cherishes avarice, and what's more to crave them precious gemstones imbued with pure love?"

"How about Shadale?" Benyen pipes up, "He could be expanding and using those for some unspeakable purpose."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"He is a yugoloth. They're pretty awful, and maybe he's got the backing of that one 'loth we kicked in the teeth during that whole interplanar collapse event that totally wasn't our fault." Calleigh says.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Benyen and Miranda turn right to you as Debonah's smile, sharp and amused, shows.

"When you can say that, you're a true planar adventurer. What happened there?" Debonah asks. "What did Aurora even do to cause that?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Like I said. Totally not our fault. Gathgorian or Lixer or whoever the loser of the week was trying some bad stuff. Pretty sure it was Lixer. I remember his necromancer pit fiends. Anyway, there was a portal. And mage-y guys. So Tryll had been studying portals recently too, and he dropped an unstable rift right in the middle of everything that led straight to Limbo. Not like a full on portal or whatever, but just a rift. Leaks chaos all over the place, messes with casting, bad for devils. Good times. Only uhhhh whatever they were doing interfered with the rift, causing the casket-"

'A cascading multiplanar failure resulting in a collapsing singularity that took a portion of the plane we were in, I believe it was actually Hades, as well as part of Limbo and the Astral Plane and condensed them down into one singular point in space-time. The result was a complete destabilization of the local area and required direct divine intervention to fix.' Tryll says.

"Yep. Totally not our fault. Devils and 'loths. Tryll's rift worked fine." Calleigh nods.

Anastasia

"You managed to bring multiple planes into the Astral," Debonah deadpans. "That's what you're saying, isn't it?"

Miranda just tilts her head to the side throughout the exposition. Benyen listens as well, "Huh," he manages.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"I mean it sounds simple when you put it that way, but yeah. Plus roving bands of demons, devils, gods, major celestials, I think Raziel was there? I know Selune was there." Calleigh says, thinking, "It was a time."

Anastasia

"If you provoke that sort of response, you did something wrong," Debonah concludes, "But we're getting sidetracked."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"We are? Oh! Yeah! We might be able to scan the hearts directly! You said they're like memory repositories?"

Anastasia

"Yes," Debonah agrees, "If you can, by all means."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'It's possible. They may have rudimentary minds based on that they are. Can you metaconcert?'

Anastasia

Debonah rises and offers you her hand, "I can participate in one if you start it," she says.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'I'm afraid I don't know the power. Was hoping you did. Alas. I'll try as-is, then. I should learn that power, I think.' Tryll attempts to focus his power on the gems.

Yuthirin

Examine Astral Reverberations
Cast time: 1 minute
Cost: 17+10+5-3=29
Will DC 40
Paid extra for the divination, no-nonsense version.
Paid extra to pierce Mind Blank.
Opposed Caster Level Check if under some sort of anti scrying ward!
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+33 : 1 + 33, total 34[/blockquote]

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+32 the gems are much better protected than the person, interestingly enough
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+32 the gems are much better protected than the person, interestingly enough --> [ 1d20=11 ]{43}

No good - those gems are protected with a capital P.

<Afina> Forever.