News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Cabin choices

Started by Anastasia, July 18, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

'That I am,' The book replies, 'How else would I be?'
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'It's a bit more than I expected. I mean I expected a lot, but this is-'

"A lot-lot! A lot of a lot!"

'Yes. I'll need some time to study you, to understand.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

'Exactly. Study me, see if you can figure out the puzzle,' The book encourages you, 'That is my purpose, more or less.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Well, I certainly have the time. Forever, really. If there's a puzzle, I'll solve it.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

'Then close your eyes and focus,' The book instructs, 'Focus on me.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Gimme another Int check, +2 circumstance bonus again.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+17 : 5 + 17, total 22[/blockquote]

Yuthirin

Anastasia

It's like unlocking a dozen locks at once, each one a puzzle, while keeping them all track. It's intricate and time consuming, slowly working on it. Hours pass for Tryll like the blink of an eye until...

"Hey Tryll, lunch," Dana pokes in. "Still at that book?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Yes.' Tryll has the book upside down now, one eye on each page and a third on Dana. 'What'd I miss."

Calleigh is face-down in a fruit bowl, snoring.

Anastasia

"Practicing," Dana says, "Me figuring out how to rip apart the boundaries of space and dimensions to teleport because fuckholes can't figure it out themselves."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Good choice.' Tryll replies. Turning the book sideways.

Anastasia

"So anyfuckingway, we doing anything today or you lost in that book?" Dana asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'...did you say something?' Tryll asks, shaking the book a bit as though it will help to decipher it. 'We're Keeping Benyen, by the way.'