News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Benyen laughs, "It's like building a castle of stone - use what you have."

"For as long as we have before being attacked," Debonah says, bow and arrow at the ready.

Perception.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+48 : 15 + 48, total 63[/blockquote]Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+41 : 18 + 41, total 59[/blockquote]
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

In the light of the glacier you can see them. Warriors armored in blue ice, riding frozen wyverns and drakes. Ice para elementals, blizzards  of fury, rising up. Spectral things, howling wraiths and worse.

Without any doubt, you have been noticed.

'Mentalist,' A voice sounds in your mind, chilling you. 'Why do you seek Starline?'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Seeking stolen goods.' Tryll sends back. 'Also, we were going to take your city back from Ice, but to be honest it's not the sort of real estate investment that I was expecting. It's a bit too...icy.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

'Stolen good? What stolen goods?' is the answer you get back. 'Explain yourself.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Three Heart Rubies have been tracked to this location, stolen by a man named Kelan.'

Anastasia

'There are not here. Leave and leave now, or face the consequences of your aggression.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Ah, then you know what we seek. They were here, then. If they're not here, where have they gone? Also, are those dwarves mining the ice slaves?'

Anastasia

'You seek Daepana, Sage Master.' Is the voice you get, 'Leave now or perish.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Oh good, you do know where they are. I'm certain you could provide directions, then. Also, are those dwarves mining the ice slaves?'

Anastasia

There is no reply. Meanwhile, you can see them approaching - blizzards and wyvern riders, howling wraiths and worse things yet. They're starting to get closer, Debonah and Miranda with arrows ready, "We going to make a stand here or what?" Dana calls.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Are you okay with them keeping slaves?" Calleigh says.

'We can probably make a better stand in the tunnel. Their numbers will be worth less.'

Anastasia

"Then we fall back," Debonah calls, "Go! I'll provide arrow cover while all of you go!"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'No, move together. Fire while retreating. Leaving yourself exposed is foolish, no matter who you are.' Tryll says, his lower right eye turning to focus on Debonah.

Anastasia

Debonah returns the look steadily, as Dana and Benyen fall back and...

Going to straight retreat or add anything to this?
<Afina> Forever.