News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Wish away

Started by Anastasia, August 28, 2018, 11:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"So, do you have any other ideas for this little escapade we're going to try?"
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"Traps, traps, traps," Jarem says, "Anything that we can set up in case the assassin's harder to stop than we're hoping. Good arms ready to strike if he decides to go for it. An escape route if things go totally wrong. The wisdom to preserve if he sees through the gambit and doesn't attack after resisting our magic. The hope that we break through his defenses and can end this tonight." At the last he smiles a bit, "Student of war or not, I still like to indulge in the occasional bit of optimism. It's something of a personal failing."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Hm. What about the Magic Aura spell? I'm not sure we can empower it enough to fool him, but maybe taking some time to develop a more powerful version? We could use it to hide a magical trap or equipment, if we can."

Anastasia

"It's not the worst idea," Jarem says, "It might fail anyway, but it's worth trying."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"I'll work on that. Let's get the rest set up. Jarem, find a place that's advantageous to us, but without being exceedingly obvious. Let's figure out how to place things."

Anastasia

Okay, go ahead and describe your plan here then.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Find a place that'll give us some advantage, but not enough to possibly scare away the assassin. Then bring in a few of the higher power mages in the guild to help with consecutive wishes. Get some summons to carve out the safe room and drop floor into it, get someone with time stop to standby to try and capture the assassin if he comes. Get some sort of magical paralyze trap set up and then use a suped up version of Magic Aura to hide it and the magical aspects of some choice equipment and stuff.

Anastasia

Done and done. The room is simple enough, in the middle of one island and lit by torches. It's shadowy here as Delaize and Ule stand behind you along with Jarem and Emily as below elementals work, your reserve room ready.

Go ahead.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

What about the upped Magic Aura spell?

Anastasia

Well, I haven't seen you post or work out anything like that? You could have someone fiat set that up with limited wishes in prep, though, for an immediate problem fix.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

That works for now.

Alyssa hands out her orders, directing this person or that to on what their tasks are for the attempt, settling in herself with her sword lightly hidden in the dirt but close at hand for defense.

Now, I've got no idea what the best way to chain these wishes together is. Never done anything like that before.

Anastasia

Well, that's up to you or you could ask Jarem, Emily or someone else for advice.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Emily, Jarem, I suspect both of you have better knowledge on what type of spells might be protecting this assassin than I do. What do you think the best way to go about this is?"

Anastasia

Emily hums, "How do you plan to power past him?" she suggests, "The wishes should be centered around that, right?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Yes. To break the protections and either identify or capture him."