News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Seira's morning glow

Started by Anastasia, August 29, 2018, 11:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

At that Alicia contacts Seira. The one here vouched for the one in the Cauldron as well. Strange but it's his own business I suppose. Doesn't seem to be a simulacrum or avatar.

Anastasia

"Well," Roelas continues, "First of all, you'd have access to mercane finance, trade and all the benefits that come with that. Our service is renowned across Creation for its ability and discretion. We can take care of all manner of things without it becoming public knowledge."

"Including assassinations?" Antenora's voice is quiet, but her gaze is intent on Roelas.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

'You're being a bit rude, don't you think?' Seira thinks to Antenora. 'Keeping a bit of pressure up is one thing, but we won't get to hear about his plans if he's pushed into a corner every other sentence.'

"Mmm," she hums noncommittally. "Discretion has its place of honor."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

'Very well,' Antenora says, waving the question off with a wave of her hand.

Roelas clears his throat, "The question is understandable, but no, the Consortium does not deal in assassinations. Firstly, I was going to speak of our financial services. Should the Cauldron need money or need money sent beyond the Cauldron, we are always able to help in a discreet way."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"And the same, no doubt, applies to any sort of financial initiative I would like to lead across the planes."

Anastasia

"Precisely so, so long as we do not find it untenable or against our own interests," Roelas confirms. "Do you have anything in mind you'd wish to elaborate on there?"

Waukeen watches, more on you than Roelas.

I do believe seeing how well you can handle him shall be productive for you and a pleasant pass time for me. Please, continue with him.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I certainly wouldn't be bringing it up otherwise," Seira agrees. "However, I do believe that I should first listen to your offer in its entirety before bringing new elements into this."

Anastasia

"As you like," Roelas consents, "While we do not offer such things as assassinations, we offer various services. Such as if you need a magic item taken to someone in a hostile place, such as Baator or Fury's Heart. We can send advisors, aid and similar things as well to people in those locations, and see to the extraction of people from those places to safer locations."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"What's your success rate for extractions of high-value personal prisoners of the Lords of Hell?" Seira asks curiously, hoping for a number that's not zero.

Anastasia

"Understanding the difficulties involved?" Roelas says, "I don't have the numbers on hand, but around 1%. Frankly, diplomacy is far more effective. I wouldn't call it a suicide mission, but it's the next closest thing." Spreading his hands out, "But I know you understand that and I respect asking it to see how far our power goes."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"And what of your more public services or accomplishments?" Seira inquires. "Those that you would actually be able to provide references from satisfied customers for?"

Anastasia

Antenora pauses a moment, attention seemingly elsewhere.

"Why, you would have to narrow it down - we provide many such services," Roelas says, "But far, far, far higher. All but the most derelict deities and planar lords have the ability to stymie rescue missions. Compared to that near impossibility, other tasks are simplistic."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"An interesting proposal," Seira voices. "Still, what benefit to me is there in bringing over competition to my own efforts? The services of the Consortium are valuable, yet I sincerely doubt I would be turned down as a customer regardless of agreeing to host a bank or entering a closer trade partnership."

Anastasia

"First of all, access. Those who want to trade with you but can't for political or positional reasons can now do so. Perhaps a merchant in Brightwater wishes to trade his wares with you, but one of his partners blocks him. So thus he trades with us and we bring his goods here, all through channels that can't be traced and allowing both sides to profit - the merchant expands his reach and wares while you get more goods coming through." Roelas sits back now, hands in his lap. "We enable trade when other factors compete against it."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"That is quite the advantage," Seira agrees. "I believe we've covered the general terms, Head Banker, so shall we get to the specifics? There are two things that I am interested in and the Mercane Consortium might provide. All the information you could provide me on Yemimah's situation with the intention of improving the chances of her rescue, and application of varying tariffs on slave traders and the practice of slavery across the Inner Planes. Naturally, I request your usual discretion where it comes to clients even if we are unable to come to a satisfying agreement."