News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Seira's morning glow

Started by Anastasia, August 29, 2018, 11:55:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Antenora's attention comes fully back, intent on Roelas now.

Waukeen chuckles, "Do keep the rates within a reasonable amount," she says, a soft chiding there.

Roelas merely nods, "We could provide that, of course. To the second, how in depth do you want it to be?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"What do you mean by in-depth?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"There can be variance in tarrifs, slave trading and such on a local level versus the kingdom or national level," Roelas says, "Do you need that level of detail or are you searching for a more generalized viewpoint?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm keeping my focus down to a reasonable region of the Inner Planes, which applies, let's face it, only to Fire and Earth. And of those two Fire is the much more active market for such. Within this region, I the only variance I would like is between slave owners and slave traders, with the higher tariffs levied against the latter."

Anastasia

"Very well, I can bring that desire to the Consortium, but you must understand. The Consortium does not directly deal in slaves, so even if we pass that resolution, we can only influence." Roelas explains.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Said influence is what I had in mind, although I'm heartened to hear that the Consortium doesn't have a hand in the practice of slavery. Take a notorious slave trader on Fire. Were he to wish to use your trading services, I would like him to have to pay an extra. A premium, shall we say, that he will find uncomfortable, yet remains at the edge of acceptable losses. And were slave owners wish to trade with the Consortium, they too will need to pay extra, but nowhere near this amount, so there are clear and visible tiers in place."

Anastasia

Do bear in mind that officially and in reality are two entirely different worlds.

"That would be a massive impact on trade," Roelas remarks, "May I speak frankly?" He leans forward a little bit, waiting on that.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I understand that much. Pressing the point would do nothing, however, and I'll deal with such strays the way I'll deal with the efreet.

"Certainly," Seira agrees with Roelas. "Please do so."

Anastasia

Going on then, "The Consortium would require vast motivation to take such a step due to the losses and interruptions in trade it would bring." Roelas gestures out at the table, "To lose a feast in peace, another feast must be provided. Moreso because this will doubtless have repercussions against us, costing us more and further removing us from markets in reprisals."

Precisely. I watch your negotiations with great interest.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Looking at the larger picture, whose side do you think is ascendant? Us, or the lower planes?" Seira calmly inquires. "They've had their turn, and failed miserably. Now, we're pushing onwards by making use of those mistakes. If you share this observation, that would be one reason to get on from the start, while the terms are the most favorable."

She doesn't linger on that argument, soon slipping into another. "The matter with tariffs is also quite complicated, economically. You cannot say, straightforwardly, that losses or interruptions in trade will result. First, because lost business only takes place when alternate means of supply are allowed to replace you, which is not the case. Second, because the revenue from those choosing to take the material hit will increase, and I estimate the outcome to be roughly the same for the Consortium, financially. Officially, that is."

Anastasia

"You estimate?" Roelas replies when you're done, "Do you have numbers and figures for that? I would be most interested in seeing them, as would the Consortium."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Certainly," Seira responds sweetly. "Please provide the Consortium's records, and I will help you draw the necessary conclusions free of charge."

Anastasia

"I will get back to you on that," Roelas says, "Do you have any other points of interest from us?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm interested in collaborations with the Consortium to sweeten the deal, although were we to actually pool our resources together I would be interested in having some say in the Consortium's agenda and goals. Whichever option you are more comfortable with, I'm certain we can reach a mutually-beneficial understanding if we work at it."

Anastasia

"Of course," Roelas says, "I will convey that intent back to the Consortium."
<Afina> Forever.