News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Elemental Movements

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 10:51:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"If that's the case, then... well, we almost have to ask 'where can we find one piece of it,' ... perhaps I'll try that." Moore says. "No wonder the divination didn't work... if the Wheel itself is in four parts." A shake of his head again. "All right, I'll take care of that along with other business we have. Do you need anything from me for now?"

Anastasia

Cresiel shakes his head, "No, all I need is time to reflect on today's glories, and give thanks for the important purpose I am a part of and to be a shield for it. Thank you, Moore."

It's then that you feel it, your connection with Cresiel blooming, growing stronger.

Node update for Cresiel. Go read.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Got it!

Moore takes a breath as he puts a hand on his chest. "There it is again..." He glances up and out a window himself. "I wasn't expecting to have such a... direct meeting. I'm still in awe a bit."

Anastasia

"...you met..." Cresiel turns, eyes wide. "What happened?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Xandra and I went to Lord Erathaol to ask him how to proceed with our defenses." Moore says. "He took us to... somewhere in Venya. We prayed."

There's a pause as he takes a breath.

"We were visited by..." He clears his throat. "I have my opinions on who it is, or... rather, I should say 'what,' but... I heard the voice -- the same voice Xandra and I hear all the time. It promised to protect us and... well." He pauses yet again. "It said, specifically: 'The King of Hell wishes to make a statement. This is my response. Your work is too important for our quarrels, Moore. Continue to solve Calley's notes.'"

He gestures around. "I'm guessing that's when you may have noticed the changes."

Anastasia

"There is no question who it is," Cresiel's voice is stern. "There is only one who acts with that authority in Celestia." Nonetheless he listens, "I have noticed. They were not subtle, as any message back would not be subtle."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Just to be clear, you mean Zaphkiel, right? Or do you mean something else?" Moore asks. "Either way, I'm glad to have the support, it means I have less to worry about."

Anastasia

"Zaphkiel," Cresiel agrees, "Who else could it be?"

A pause, a long one. Just as you turn to go, Cresiel speaks again, his gaze upwards.

"My mother is blessed to be a right hand of Sune. She has seen things others will never understand. Beneath her facade is wisdom, never forget that. One such piece of wisdom she told me as a child. She said, 'Cresiel, be honored when someone like Sune talks to you, and be very, very, very afraid. Becoming wrapped in events around such beings is more dangerous than having a tarrasque fall in love with you.' We are chosen with a purpose, one I have no doubt will be as hazardous as any in Aurora, if not more."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Take 10 on K:P for 105 -- is one of Zaphkiel's actual titles 'Master of the Illuminated Heaven,'?

Moore merely nods. "It's... disconcerting in some ways to have such direct access to the gods themselves, Cresiel. I always feel a bit... out of place dealing with them. But when we exist as we do, doing the work that we do... it becomes commonplace. It's... not easy to get accustomed to." A shake of his head afterwards.

"I think we can all say there are certain things that we can never express in words to other people." A smile after that. "Nonetheless, we're safe here, and that's all that matters."

Anastasia

Yes. He has a lot of titles but that is one of them.

"We are important people living in important times," Cresiel concludes to that, "We must remember that as we go forward, so that we live up to that to the utmost."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I agree completely. Our bonds getting stronger is evidence of that."

He takes a breath. "It looks like I've got some pieces of a wheel to try and find."

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

You know what, let's try four Divinations.

I will post the 100 gold in loot.

'Where can I find the first piece of Temman's Wheel?'
'Where can I find the second piece' and so on, to four pieces.

Assuming I don't just get told the same stupid shit when I try the first one! No offense whoever's responsible for Divinations, really!! But anyway, assuming the first one gives me something, I will proceed. If it doesn't, let me know.

And as a reminder it's a 90% success rate.

Anastasia

Actually, this thread is getting pretty long. I'm going to lock this one and make a new one. Please hold.
<Afina> Forever.