News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

A long way to the gate

Started by Anastasia, September 03, 2018, 01:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"Hm..." Moore turns and looks out his window. "What leads powerful people to victory... Luck? It's certainly something that could be said that luck vanishes on a whim."

Anastasia

"Well... El _ _ luck. I can't think of any words that make that, can you?" Grias slumps a bit in the air, "Magic? No, five letters. Passage? No. Walk...no, I don't think that would work, either."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"I wonder if it -has- to be four letters." Moore says. "But... it's probably harder to imagine it if it isn't, so... four letter words... hmmm... Hope? But... does hope really wink and vanish...?"

Anastasia

"Of course not," Grias says firmly, "Not real hope, not the hope that saves people!" He floats down to your bed and hovers just above it, "Wish? That's a pretty powerful spell that heroes use. Does that fit?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Wish..." Moore turns back to the notes. "...'Common for the powerful,' because they can just cast wish, and rare for the least... because their wishes aren't being granted." He hrms and writes it down on another piece of paper.

"I don't know that I know any words that start with 'El' and end with 'wish,' though... the only eight letter word I know that ends with 'wish' is... 'shrewish.'"

Anastasia

"Do r and e fit the clue we don't know?" Grias says, "If they don't, that logically can't be it."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore shakes his head. "Let me read you the other two clues. 'The third and fourth letters are two letters in reverse order. The first of that letter is the first letter of the newly risen mountain, one that mimics your own Mountain. The second of that letter is a letter that none of the Hebdomad share.'"

Moore blinks for a moment. "...Hm. Well, 'A letter the Hebdomad do not share.' In that regard, those letters are 'f g j n q u v w x y,' unless I misunderstand the clue again. I think that one is at least simple enough? Though it does change if we also include their titles... If you include their titles as well, then that leaves 'j q v x.'"

"With that in mind, it definitely can't be 'Shrewish.'" Moore says.

Anastasia

"So wish isn't right," Grias hums, "What's some other four letter words that could fit? Maybe we can choose a good one and that'll make sense?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hmmm." Moore takes a breath in and considers.

"What is common for the powerful...  the path and the road that winks and vanishes on a whim." He repeats as he looks out the window. "Winks and vanishes... on a whim...  time?" He hums. "What is common for all powerful people? Hmm... What leads powerful people to victory? Drive? A reason to fight? Hmm..."

Anastasia

"None of those fit, I think," Grias bobs up slowly, gliding throughout. He levitates up a quill and taps it against your table, "Maybe we're being too metaphorical here? What's lead you to victory in the past, Moore? Anything related to that, related to paths or anything close to it? Maybe it's closer than we think? It seems a long way away, but I bet it's right in front of us!"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hmm." Moore nods. "What's led me to victory...  ...fate? But that's basically luck again. So it's not that. Something more... tangible? Paths... What's led me to victory in the past, my... music, my leadership, friends... Our... bonds?" He furrows his brow as he looks out the window. "No. It has to be something else... augh."

Anastasia

The light of Chronias shines down brightly on you, soothing your mind and adding clarity.

Grias continues to bob, "But it has to be a path only the mighty can use reliably. Something tied to power. Maybe it really is a spell, Moore?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

He takes a breath.

"GATE!" He suddenly blurts out.

Anastasia

"AAAAH!" Grias startles at that, wobbling in the air. "AAH! AAAH! You have it?! Gate?!" he asks, fluttering up to you as Wood raises his head up, yawning. El__gate?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore blinks.

"...El... gate? ... Elongate?" Moore says, blinking, as if he's not entirely sure.