News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Family Reunion

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 10:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Jarem takes 10 on Perception.

A slight nod from Jarem, following your lead for now.

Just following then?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Thus you are taken in. The drawbridge, the courtyard. Memories of life past, of days long gone for you. Jarem follows as people clear the way for you, familiar faces mixed with strangers.

Coming out from the main keep and into the courtyard is Lord Melweather. He's in his late middle ages, a strong stride as he wears light armor, a brown cloak and carries a sword at his side. He is clean shaven, a scar running down his left cheek, deep into it. His brown hair is more gray than brown now, kept cut short. He's a bigger man, half bulk and half muscle. "Alyssa Songsteel," he greets, "Well met."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa gives him a warm smile.

"Hello again, Lord Melweather. I'm happy to see the people are doing well and are well fed. It makes me happy to remember your efforts."

Anastasia

"Welcome back," Lord Melweather smiles, "You've grown into quite the sorceress. Who is your friend with you?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Wizard, not sorceress. Wizardess? In any case, sorcerers cast magic differently altogether. This is Jarem. In service to the Red Knight."

Anastasia

Jarem inclines his head deeply, more than a nod and less than a bow. "I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the forms here," he says, "How are you addressed?"

"Ah, a religious sort," he says, "Well, glory to all the divine. Sir is fine, I'm also a knight," he says, turning and leading you within.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa follows in.

"So, how have things been? Has my family been well?"

Anastasia

"Your father is well, but your mother's health is slowly failing," Lord Melweather says once inside, down a hall and up into a study. Here you are offered chairs, Jarem taking his as Lord Melweather sits behind his desk.

"But I'm glad you came for another reason altogether."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I'm hoping to be able to solve my mother's health problems. I assume your issue has something to do with the scrying?"

Anastasia

"You're sharp," Lord Melweather says, "In the past fortnight, I've begin to have visions constantly. Visions of things nearby and faraway, but more nearby than far."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa raises an eyebrow. "The scrying is yours and spontaneous? How... Interesting."

Alyssa casts Detect Magic and starts to study him.

Anastasia

Jarem hums at that, "This isn't something you control? Do you have any magical talent at all?"

Lord Melweather shakes his head, "It's uncontrolled. I had a phase where I was able to learn a few cantrips as a youth, but I never pursued arcane magic in depth. I doubt I could even come close to managing those spells now."

Give me a Spellcraft check and an K:A check.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Spellcraft:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+45 : 3 + 45, total 48[/blockquote]

K:A/Bibliotheca:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+58 : 13 + 58, total 71[/blockquote]

Anastasia

There's an odd magic pattern around Lord Melweather, deep within him. You can't discern its deeper functions yourself, but you're pretty sure it's causing the scryings.

As to what's causing it? You can think of a few culprits. If Lord Melweather has remarkable blood in his family tree, especially blood related to a deity of knowledge or sight, it could theoretically cause this. Certain astral or astrological conjunctions could theoretically cause this as well, but not this long without outside interference. It could be the work of a powerful wizard - or odder things yet. You need to know more about the magic to pare and hone your efforts here.
<Afina> Forever.