News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I also wish for Omni to try and finish Vale off if he somehow survives.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, let's hold that off one second since I made a sincere DM mistake.

As Afina can attest to, the Sundered Suns have a dispelling aura around them. The range of this varies but in this case it's over 20ft and Amaryl would've ran into it while moving int position to shoot. Now RAW I should enforce this immediately since it triggers when you move into it and then once per round on the beginning of the Sundered Sun's turn when you stay in it.

The thing is, Amaryl running into this should get an immediate reaction as some of her spells potentially come down. Normally, I'd enforce this and I even have a big reminder to, but somehow it didn't happen on Amaryl's turn. Obviously, if Amaryl gets dispelled this may change Seira's actions.

So I could enforce this now, but that's kinda crummy when you've already moved into range. I could retcon back to the beginning of Amaryl's turn. Suboptimal but it's a case where I feel that's most fair. Alternately, if you have a suggestion I'm all ears, Cor.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Amaryl just needs to be within 30ft and furthermore we really should have an idea of how large the aura is IC. If it's 30ft, have her stay 30ft away instead of 20ft and we'll go from there.

Corwin

After discussing in chat, how about this? I ask Amaryl to hold on me since we know they have fuckhuge auras, and instead of my breath I use Antimagic Zone on myself and fly up and do the rest of my turn. Amaryl's own turn is unchanged. Perhaps she even hits more since Vale's spells are nuked, including Fortunate Fate and maybe something that boosts his AC/gives him miss chance.

Anastasia

That's fine, feel free to go for that.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Just as Amaryl flies up to shoot at Vale, Seira makes sure to throw up Antimagic Zone to protect her! And follows after her, of course, twenty magic missiles trailing behind her!

The rolls all stand, except the breath-related one. I'll change my Soothsayer's Spite spell to maximized empowered twinned greater fireburst, however, target still Asdel.

Corwin

As a note, Antimagic Zone would emanate for a 320ft radius around me, and I'm ending up 30ft away from Vale.

Anastasia

Init is Amaryl (Kobot's Defeat) > ???! (46) > Omni (39) > Seira (38) > Asdel = Steel (35) > (35) > Kukyl (32) > Vale (27)

Seira flies in, surrounded by a zone of null magic. With magic suppressed she rolls in and peppers Vale with unicorn arrows. They devastate the Fallen, ripping into it and sending him plummeting down hard. Yet as they do they all at least stay flying - including the carpet. Amid all of this Asdel snarls and...

> roll 1d20+28 Asdel
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+28 Asdel --> [ 1d20=6 ]{34}
> roll 1d20+25 Kukyl evasion
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+25 Kukyl evasion --> [ 1d20=11 ]{36}

Your breath weapon slams into them, blasting them back with a burst of golden flame.

Init is Amaryl (Kobot's Defeat) > ???! (46) > Omni (39) > Seira (38) > Asdel = Steel (35) > Kukyl (32)

Omni in the next post though I'm not sure I can do much. Go ahead and react ofr now so I can get things rolling.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

'Secure Vale,' Seira orders, as her avatar is ready to open a gate between one of the secure cells in the Cauldron's jail and Vale's location as soon as Omni gets over to him to push him through!

My avatar won't participate in the fighting, but I figure she can take care of securing the prisoners with Omni's help.

Anastasia

'Yes, Seira,' Omni replies, going over to do just that.

No. Touch my son and you shall burn forevermore.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

To say that after several of them ambush me cowardly is the height of hypocrisy. If you don't want them harmed, have them be gone from my sight!

Anastasia

TEST ME, SEIRA ARYN, AND I SHALL RETURN YOU TO THE DUST AND CLAY YOU WERE BORN FROM!
Peace.
Rage slams into you like a tidal wave, the fires on the horizon burning vastly higher, reaching up towards the heavens.
To protect them means more than from physical harm. Protect their souls against evil, my son.
We will not be stopped by threats. Our task is too important. Now step away, fallen.
Protect them against your anger and pride.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The only answer to that rage is righteous anger!

Don't get ahead of yourself! You might've chosen to start this war, Eblis, but I'm the one who's going to finish it!

Anastasia

Before your eyes, flaming portals appear - chasms of fire that yawn, opening from the ground. They move forward and envelop the Sundered Suns as well as the carpeted woman - and yet the sky screams as the flames reach even higher and rise higher. Dust and burning clay begins to rain, the wailing of dying souls echoing about. 700ft above you he appears - the Nemesis of the Heaven has taken the field. His voice is a roar of worlds ending and nations dying, bellowed so loudly that you wonder if all of Fire can hear his words.

YOU DARE? THEN LET THE HEAVENS WEEP AS I SUNDER YOU APART!
We shall not weep, Eblis. I have not given up on them. I have not given up on you. I will not give up on a single soul in Creation as long as I exist.
FLEE, CREATURES OF DUST!

Seira, this is not a battle won by strength of arms. You are not yet strengthened to defeat Eblis in combat. Eblis has always been a battle for a soul.

Well, he did warn you but I didn't see either of you remotely stepping down. Init time, this counts as a separate combat.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

20:07 <CC> roll 1d20+20
20:07 <Kobot> CC rolled 1d20+20 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{34}