Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"I'll see what other worthy battles I can find for us," Seira voices. "Hey, maybe Seven could tell us? Amaryl, did you take her down, or outright kill her?" They do have spells to get information either way....
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

At those words, you feel it. Elle. Donald. Amaryl. Sanzha. A moment of all of you growing bright and stronger, power flowing throughout all of you.

"I got you this time," Elle says quickly, already uttering arcane words, the moment after she finishes speaking.

Lady Sanzha lulls her head back, a soft gasp.

Incidentally, I didn't agree with your argument about this satisfying Sanzha's node goal. However, the thematics here are close to what I had in mind, so I'll give it to you.

Amaryl: Item Strengthening (Ring of Entropic Deflection becomes Ring of Entropic Defiance)
Donald: Bonus Feat (Blind-Fight)
Lady Sanzha: New Spell-Like Ability (Tsunami; at will)
Elle: Item Strengthening (Heartscale Necklace; fast healing increases to 10.)[/b]
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Elle's goal is unchanged? I support it, either way. :)

"Did any of you get anything actionable, or just the usual 'good job' pat on the shoulder from a mysterious benefactor in white?"

Anastasia

It'll be updated in a bit, whoops.

"My ring changed," Amaryl holds up her ring, "Look at it, Seira."

Donald shakes his head. "I have a whole bunch of night and blind fighting training in my head now. Like a spent a spare decade or three studying it."

Slowly Elle looks at her Heartscale Necklace, "The restorative magic in it's been enhanced, the spell work's flawless."

Lady Sanzha merely smiles.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Glad to hear it!" Seira tells them, reaching over to bend at the waist and kiss Amaryl's hand by the proffered ring.

As she straightens back up, she sends a mental missive to Kascha asking her to meet them, so that the six of them could discuss their next move privately.

Anastasia

This is easy enough and...

Go ahead and set yourself up since you clearly have something in mind, or just set up talking to them and let it flow.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The six of them are gathered in a gazebo in the spacious private gardens behind the palace, although at present the gardens are closed off to the staff and other precautions have been made to ensure no one eavesdrops.

"Alright," Seira tells them, relaxing in a corner spot with a sheaf of papers resting in her lap. "First of all, congratulations to all of you. We've all played our parts and made a decent point on the planar scale. Now, I have the following proposals for our next move."

The papers float towards Kascha on an unseen breeze, while Seira tells her, "Kascha, go with Donald to that Guardian of 21 that you reported questioning before. See if you can find fresh insight into this arcane theorem. Then, ask politely to use Aurora's resources for cross-referencing what you can. Perhaps that nice spirit running it would have an idea as well? Of course, we don't plan to mooch off our friends. Donald alone would be of great help to Jaela's Crusade in crushing whatever vampires stand in their way, and should you find the time, see if you can help, Kascha. Still, I'd prefer that you focused on research and diplomacy. After all, I get the feeling that you want to resolve a few things with Ebony, so it should be a good opportunity for you."

Seira focuses on Amaryl next, and a picture of Fooze appears in the air for her benefit. "This is one of our new recruits, courtesy of Kascha's earlier trip across the planes," she tells Amaryl. "I was thinking that you might wish to take an apprentice, even if I cannot say whether he would be a fitting choice for a servant to send to Pallanth in your stead. Once you do settle on one, however, do let me know. I'm going to start things up on that Prime soon enough!"

Sanzha is next, and Seira says, "We're still waiting on an answer from the Mercane regarding our proposal to end the slave trade on the Inner Planes from their official factions, and to gain actionable information on Yemimah. Perhaps pressing them for their answer would fit in well with your own desires to establish yourself further?"

To Elle, Seira says, "I'm thinking the two of us could travel together a bit, while you figure out whether you want more out of the present than busting heads. I did have an idea for a new spell, so we could chat over that on the way. How does that sound?"

Anastasia

"Yes, Seira," Kascha obeys as she takes the papers and reads. Donald leans over and reads over her shoulder, getting Kascha to shoot him an annoyed look, a piqued frown.

"It's faster," Donald retorts, "Besides, I read faster than you."

The look gets more piqued, but Kascha lets it lie.

"I will," Amaryl takes her papers, "I'll see what potential he has."

Sanzha merely adds as she scans her papers, "Yes, let them be reminded of who they are working with, or find out if they need more time and why."

"It sounds fun, as long as I have time for a bath first. Hm. How do you want to travel and where? We could take Luna Del Stronger?" She suggests, "Travel in style if it's that sort of trip."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"By unbalancing them like this, we might be able to find out whether they're genuine," Seira tells Sanzha. "Something about the recent change of leadership feels off."

At Elle's suggestion, she pauses in consideration. "That's... actually an interesting suggestion," Seira finally says. "How about I go pay a visit to Pistis Sophia today, and you prepare Luna for departure tomorrow? Either to travel through Magma hoping to create more All-Elementals or to draw assassins from Fire to eliminate, or to head to our Prime of birth and start working on my project there."

And since Seira is handling such matters, she sends two instructions to Vayley. The first, to have Valar schedule an audience with Primus for her and report afterwards, since that is when she can send him into battle on Fire or Earth. The second, to ensure that Omni takes Crumbly under his wing, and perhaps that he comes across a nice warlock master to learn the trade.

Anastasia

"I don't like it, but I've never liked the regime changes they have," Sanzha admits, "They tend to be expensive, one way or another."

"I'll have it ready," ELle says, "I'll make sure it's set up to travel through somewhere hot."

Okay, any more prep here then?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I want to have a quick mental chat with Agathaiel to get an update on Emily, and hear whether she received my gift. If the answer is 'not yet, I'll call you later' then we can skip that and I'll go see Pistis Sophia.

Anastasia

Going alone or bringing anyone, since yeah, Agathiel's waiting on the situation there.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let's bring Lumenbur as bodyguard since Oraga is still questing.

Anastasia

Easy enough. Solania is a land of foggy valleys and crisp air. A place of solace and meditation, a place you have been before.

Now that you are here, what are you going to do? Lumenbur stands behind you, at the ready for your command, blazing silently in the chill air.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm paying you a visit, like I promised, Seira sends to Pistis Sophia. Is this a good time to meet?