News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

Crushed Slavers

Started by Anastasia, September 17, 2018, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The bottle is tossed down. A grand stairway of burning fire appears, suitable for a manor's grand foyer. It looms over everything, big enough for ten Hannas to walk down abreast. Elle slowly begins to walk down, the picture of casual grace in a red gown, hair done up and magic applied to make her even more stunning.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Seira allows Lady Honeydip to proceed below, intending to follow the two of them down. After mulling over what to wear, she decided on her usual traveling clothes, being both iconic for her image and rather threatening in nature without anyone being able to call her out on that.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Thus you descend. As you slowly walk down, you see figures gathering below.

The first is a pair of armed and muscled efreeti guards. They do not have weapons drawn, but simply wait.

A few moments later another approaches. He smiles jovially, an eight feet tall efreet. He is smooth without being fat, simply formed without the rough edges many efreet have. He has black hair trimmed short and wears a surcoat of woven red and gold cloth, along with matching pants and cape. His head is bare and he claps as you descend.

"Seira Aryn," Akil bin Faheem greets you with a smile, "On behalf of the Grand Sultan, I welcome you to Fire and the Ruler's Inferno."

No need for a check when you're up on him from previous matters.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"It's good to be here," Seira responds, her answering smile polite. Rarely does she get the chance to interact with enemies that she wants to take out so badly and actually can if the conditions are right, so she might as well see this as an opportunity.

Anastasia

Akil comes up and offers his hand to you, "It really is a pleasure, I've wanted to meet you for some time. The stories, oh the stories! I'm fond of the version of your crusade on Avernus written by Dake the Lame."

Lady Honeydip watches him calmly while Elle smiles and adds in, "We've heard of you too, of course. Why, you can't talk about slaves in Fire without mentioning your name."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I do have a more personal interest in you, of course," Seira responds, glancing non-too-subtly at Razalim.

If for some reason he doesn't have it anywhere visible, just axe the glance part!

Anastasia

The blade is at his side, silver glistening in the reflected firelight. Akil's hand drops without comment, letting it go.

Akil smiles wider at that, "I've heard! What a fascinating thing," he remarks, "We'll have to talk all about it at dinner tonight." Then turning from you, "Madam Stronger," he says, "I've heard of your shop, it's marvelous to see it up close and personal. Of course, I've also heard of Lady Honeydip - congratulations on your victory."

Before more can be said, a glowing portal appears in the wilderness beyond the yard, white rimmed with red.

His presence is palpable, felt by Seira and unmistakable for anything else. Barachiel steps through first, followed by Romiel, Cresiel, another archon, Moore and others yet.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"There will be plenty to talk about," Seira agrees with Akil. "Perhaps we could even touch upon my vacations in Avernus."

She turns towards Barachiel at his arrival, inclining her head in acknowledgement. A shame Pistis Sophia ended up declining to accompany him.

Nephrite

Moore takes a quick look around before he nods down to Seira as well.

Anastasia

"Ah, what an array of guests. A Duke, a knight, two Authorities and more." Akil bin Faheem steps forward, "Rooms will be provided along with time to recover before this evening's grand welcoming feast."

Barachiel stares down Akil, advancing forward. "Acceptable," he says.

"Wonderful. Everyone, please follow me." Akil declares, leading the way towards the manor.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

For his part, Moore simply gives a neutral expression and follows along with the others!

Corwin

She's doing a lot of following! But there's no reason to jump for attention, so Seira decides to wait and see what the Sultan has planned.

Anastasia

Thus, four groups follow Akil. You head towards the front door - a massive thing worthy of a castle gate, written with flame-seared letters into the iron. Thousands and thousands - no tens of thousands and more, space subtly shifting, letting more and more be added.

"Here are the names all who gave their lives in serving the Crimson Firebrand in the War of the Fiery Heart." Akil says, "Each name placed here to be honored by all efreet who are allowed to enter. For when the City of Brass was established, the Grand Sultan grew restless and commanded a pleasure palace be constructed for him." He smiles as he bows his head visibly, a moment of respect.

Quietly to Moore, Jetina adds, "If he really cared, couldn't he have brought them back?"

"A list of sinners?" Vel Custos declares, "A list of infamy?" His own voice carries well, projected.

"What is one man's sinner but another man's hero?" Akil offers with a generous smile, turning back to all of you. "Those efreet who opposed the Crimson Firebrand's perfect vision had to be stopped for the good of the efreet. It is unfortunate that so many had to die, but let is not forget that each efreet on this list is a hero who will be remembered until the end of time."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Failure doesn't sound like an option." Moore says quietly back.

Still, though, he glances to Vel Custos and merely nods to his words.

Corwin

Seira muses on how strange it is that in any Utopian vision of Fire a great deal of efreet must die.