News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

The Grand Sultan

Started by Anastasia, November 02, 2018, 05:26:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"The idea is that we give them victories. This will put two proposals side by side, intentionally similar in format and substance. They can win over every clause but the second, and we still come out ahead but they can take pride in driving us back everywhere else. Also, when we withdraw from these unrealistic positions, we move towards a compromise rather than all the way back. The aforementioned offer to pay for the slaves, or to open the subject to the individual efreet, while not ideal, would still amend the status quo to a better one, and one we could work with. On the Shar intelligence, the offer to do the job for them and take the front lines in that battle on Fire without risking the Sultan's own agents, and so on."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"I agree," Vel Custos speaks up, "Let the slavers be punished and stopped."

Amid all of this Jetina's quiet, but finally adds in, "It also means nothing if they aren't willing to budge on it."

"Nonetheless, it is a good proposal," Barachiel gestures and the flames copy themselves, becoming a sheet of paper in his hand. "The Grand Sultan wishes to meet with myself and Seira, and we can bring a person or two more if we desire. Meanwhile, the rest of you are free to enjoy the grounds, in the words of the Sultan. Use this time productively - talk to our enemies and see what you can learn of them. A stray word may lead to victories."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"When I heard that the efreet were willing to expand the skirmishes into a wider war, I considered whether it would be worth it. But tell me, my friends. If this is not a worthy cause to go all in on, what is?"

Anastasia

"What is?" Cresiel agrees solemnly, "You speak with wisdom."

Romiel speaks up very quietly, but adds, "On that we all agree. Were it merely a matter of smiting evil, our lives would be far simpler."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore nods. "I can think of one person in particular I may be able to get some information on. Or, at least, perhaps try and understand his side of things, if nothing else."

Anastasia

In the meantime...

Do you wish to invite anyone to come with us, Seira?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"As a note, I am a great believer in never traveling alone. Elle, please remember that."

Corwin

Lady Honeydip is my choice. She knew things might go this way, and agreed fully to contribute diplomatically beforehand.

Anastasia

Then we will take her. The three of us will suffice.[/b]

Elle just smiles at Seira as, "Lady Honeydip, Seira requests that you come with us," Barachiel says.

Lady Honeydip bows and follows, as...

Anything else to add here, either of you?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Corwin

Anastasia

Very well. Moore is going into a new thread momentarily. Seira, you'll continue here. I'll be a moment, so if you could post back a simple acknowledgement of that, I'd be grateful. (So I don't forget I have to post you since I see I posted last and think it's on you instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Okay, quick courtesy check. It's a new day, are you casting any spells or doing any prep before you go meet with the Sultan?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The same as previously, unless Barachiel, Honeydip or any of the efreet suggest this is against etiquette. They're listed in my magic thread.