News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

A guest of the efreet

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2018, 02:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"Ask," Adalan offers, "Ask whatever your heart desires."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

"During our meeting, you mentioned to the Grand Sultan about Al-Bakrit. Would you mind explaining that?" He asks.

Anastasia

"It was a long time ago," Adalan says, "Over a hundred thousand years ago. At the time, I served in detached duty with instructions to learn by traveling the planes. I was part of a mercenary group who traveled to Fire, the small town of Al-Bakrit sought defenders. We thought it was from natural predators and hazards of fire, but we were mistaken. The city was contested between two powerful efreet houses and tension boiled over to a pitched battle. One both sides heavily reinforced and called in further assets, while we were stuck in the middle."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Was the Sultan leading one of those houses? I mean, as you said, he obviously wasn't the Sultan at the time, but I'm curious how far back his history may go." Moore asks.

Anastasia

"He was commanding one of the forces there," Adalan agrees, "It was a bloodbath so great the Grand Sultan of the time intervened to end it. I was one of the few survivors. So was he. The last few battles were cataclysmic. He saved my life and in return I healed him of lethal wounds."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore looks off to the side. "So now, he has the chance to avert another cataclysmic war... but I wonder if the years of leading have made him blind to those atrocities he saw so long ago."

Anastasia

"I doubt it," Adalan says, "He fed forces into that until the end. He was willing to spend lives to accomplish his goals."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Hm." Moore taps his chin. "So what if his goal now is to avoid war? I wonder what he would be willing to spend?" A shake of his head.

"At any rate, I hear you're a healer, like Jetina is? Did you two develop any new magic while I was gone?" He grins a bit at that.

Anastasia

"We didn't have a chance, but we could," Adalan admits, "She is a natural."

"Her healing is without compare," Cresiel seconds.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I wonder if that's what her stint there was meant to foster..." Moore murmurs to himself.

He looks up and clears his throat. "It sounds like you've had a great deal of history with healing, Adalan. I'm sure you've developed one or two of you own, haven't you?"

Anastasia

"I have," Adalan agrees, "Adalan's Poison Purge is my favorite."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"How does that differ from the standard spell to neutralize poison?" Moore asks.

Anastasia

"It constantly repairs and purges poison for the duration," Adalan says, "Such as a poison that clouds your wits recovering as well as being purged from the body."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Oh, interesting." Moore nods. "Jetina, weren't you working on a spell that helped reinforce someone's health temporarily?"

I can't remember the spell and don't see it in the SC but maybe it's there and I'm blind. I swear Jetina was making a spell that gave a bunch of temporary HP.

Anastasia

Long story short: I didn't put it out since I mentioned I was tentative on it.

"I was," Jetina shakes her head, "How does the spell work?"

"Well," Adalan begins, and as they talk shop, Cresiel clears his throat. "Moore."
<Afina> Forever.