Diplomatic aftermath

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Of course not," Seira agrees, nodding at his words. "I thought to cut to the chase in that matter, and find out whether there was a problem I could mediate in. Thank you."

I'd still like to sense motive this.

"My other question had to do with the war. I'm fighting the efreet empire over their practice of slavery. To the best of my knowledge, while we have many differences in opinion, that does not happen to be one of them. Would I be wrong to say so?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Sure, gimme a sense motive check before anything else.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

21:33 <CC> roll 1d20+46+16+15
21:33 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 84 > [d20=7]

Forgot +4 from GH, so 88 totaly.

Anastasia

As far as you can tell, he seems to be telling the truth.

"I have little use for enslaving the weak, but I do not forbid it," Yan-C-Bin says, "Air's nature is to flow free, be in wrath or the weak, gentle breezes Chan champions." He rumbles at that as Donald watches, staying out of the back and forth for now.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Are you amenable to taking on the efreet alongside me?"

Anastasia

Yan-C-Bin rumbles faintly, "Just yesterday, an efreet emissary came asking for me to join them. I will tell you what I told them: What's in it for me?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"What would make it worthwhile to you? I wouldn't want to presume to know that better than you, or to throw money at any problem the way the efreet handle things."

Anastasia

"Money is hardly the answer," Yan-C-Bin says, "Something powerful, something meaningful. You know what truly matters on our stage."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I possess an artifact that Earth would find particularly priceless," Seira muses, "and I'm researching a way to augment Behemoths with elemental energy. Imagine one of those magnificent beasts truly at home on Air! Perhaps we could move past a mutual defense pact where it concerns Shar and begin cooperating in other matters, be they trade or arcane research where our interests intersect? And there might be times when it would be more convenient to go through an intermediary while discussing matters with Chan, which is what a closer alliance between us will turn me into, rather than someone firmly in her camp."

It's the scattershot approach, but Seira is carefully studying him for reactions, be they of interest or of taking offense.

Anastasia

Gimme a general SM check for that, Seira.

"What artifact?" Yan-C-Bin asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

22:39 <CC> roll 1d20+46+16+15+4
22:39 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 96 > [d20=15]

"Are the words 'Earthbone Steel' familiar to you?" she says by way of answer.

Anastasia

Yan-C-Bin is silent at that, no tells at all, still as the winds.

"I'm listening."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I've been holding onto a weapon made of that priceless substance, heavily enchanted, of course. It is priceless everywhere, but I suspect its value to Earth's denizens would be even higher. Given the natural state of affairs between Earth and Air, it could either be used to bridge the gap or to particularly gall the locals, depending on the way it's put in play."

Anastasia

"What price would you want for such a thing?" Yan-C-Bin asks, winds whipping faster, stronger.

Donald meanwhile adds in here, "I prefer Cauldron Steel, anyway."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I would propose an alliance against the efreet and their allies in this war, where each of us will come to the aid of the other if attacked by the other side. Outside of it, your participation in said war in an offensive capacity as well. On top of the spoils going to you, I propose paying a recovery fee for every freed slave delivered to safety in my realm or one of the participating heavens, as well as an offer that retrieved gear originally belonging to the Cauldron or one of its allies would be offered to be bought back by the relevant party at a ten percent premium over the usual asking price."

Seira nods to herself. "That is the core of the offer. As an addendum, I would confer with Chan and is the two of you are both amenable would suggest a ceasefire between the two of you until a year past the day the efreet war had been officially concluded, as well as establishing trade between the Cauldron and your holdings to bolster our economy despite its war footing. Finally, I would like to put in a clause where if both sides are amenable to this, the ceasefire could be prolonged further after the original date comes to pass. Perhaps we shall find that there is more we would like to cooperate on during this time. Perhaps not. But I believe the possibility exists."