Diplomatic aftermath

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Just for reference here, give me diplo?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

23:21 <CC> roll 1d20+84
23:21 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 96 > [d20=12]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Yan-C-Bin is silent, "What of Chan's role in this?" he asks, after some long moments.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"She's in, as far as fighting on my side is concerned. My offer, however, comes straight from me and was not made on her behalf. There will also be plenty of fighting to be done, so there would be no need for you to cross paths. I've taken to heart the lessons from the grand Astral rift battle."

Anastasia

Yan-C-Bin thunders and rumbles, a counteroffer. "I will offer you neutrality - I won't support anyone in this, nor will my servants. The efreet will gain no help from my forces, no matter how they plead."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"There's nothing I can say to change your mind?" Seira inquires. "Further cooperation could grow out of this, and unlike the efreet my word is my bond. You wouldn't need to be watching your back for some inevitable betrayal. After my training under Waukeen, I'm also adept at finding solutions where both parties have something to gain, rather than the zero sum worldview employed by the efreet."

Anastasia

Yan-C-Bin glowers down at you, "Why do you want Chan and I on the same side? It's only remotely understandable if we were facing all of Earth - or that meddler, Shar. You yourself are aligned with the light, not the darkness."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The dao have joined the war under the efreet banner, and Ogremoch might well move in their support," Seira notes. "What if I were to ask Chan to restrict herself to the Fire, and asked you to support me on Earth? It would no longer be the same front." After a brief pause, she adds, "As for the why of it? I despise slavery and wish to see it ended. You are most capable, and so are your forces. Why wouldn't I want to ask for your involvement on my side?"

Anastasia

You said something that got his attention. Give me diplo again.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

00:13 <CC> roll 1d20+84
00:13 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 93 > [d20=9]

Anastasia

Yan-C-Bin shifts, becoming a humanoid of wind, like an elemental with more refined features. His face can be seen - loose and airy, yet with a look of interest. "I would see Earth ripped apart by endless winds," he declares, "Its elementals destroyed, the dao ripped asunder and the Princes of Elemental Good and Evil reduced to dust on the wind. Ah. I see. That's what you need - ruthlessness and power."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I seek the dao defeated, their slaves freed, be they xorn or otherwise, and the victory to be so traumatic that they would no longer seek to enslave others in the future," Seira tells Yan-C-Bin. "I want their allies to learn the error of their ways, and for their lamentations to serve as warning for others who might consider joining the war on their side. And I want to see it happen through a military campaign. Any guerrilla force could inflict losses on the population, but to truly crush their fighting spirits their finest warriors must be met on the field of battle and annihilated utterly. Do you agree?"

Anastasia

"I want free reign to conduct this campaign as I wish," Yan-C-Bin replies, flames of air starting to rise from his face, which becomes more and more defined.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"What does that mean in practice? I've learned that bad communication is the worst enemy on a battlefield."

Anastasia

"It means that my forces do as I command and you do not restrain us. You let us loose on Earth to do as we wish against the dao and any who support them." Is the reply you get.
<Afina> Forever.