News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Diplomatic aftermath

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I wouldn't have it any other way. Please give Syala and Alicia my regards

Alicia has other commitments, but they did discuss the possibility of Antenora striking at a particularly nasty efreet slaver with Seira herself and Oraga, so that part, at least, Seira hopes to still see work out.

For now, she decides to let Lady Honeydip wake up at her leisure. As her avatar watches over her friend, Seira proceeds to a veranda with a great view of the volcano's maw with Valar, and summons Berry Crownsguard and Ranbar of Aryn the same was she had approached Laurenal.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

As in physically summoning them here or opening a gate? Just want to be clear.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Opening Gates in front of them in clear invitation, same as before.

Anastasia

It is Berry who is through first, a step behind Ranbar.

"My lady," Berry breathes, as both kneel before you.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Please, stand," Seira bids them, looking out at her realm as she leans on the railing. "Berry, Ranbar, I've summoned the two of you here because things are changing about the planes, and the Cauldron is leading that change. Of course, that means that it too has to adjust, to better step into its role in Creation. In short, I would like the two of you to work here with me and help me make it happen."

Anastasia

"It will be done," Renbar says softly, rising as commanded. "What will you have us do?"

Meanwhile, Berry Crownsguard stands and brushes aside a bit of honey blonde hair. He is wearing a simple shirt and pants, nothing remotely fancy, though a dagger is at his side. "It is an honor! What needs to be done?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"We're moving in three directions at present," Seira say, nodding at her side. "This is Valar, and he will be leading our forces in battle against the efreet empire as we seek to liberate their slaves and ensure that vile practice stops for good. But we must grow stronger and seize advantage from our location, contacts and portal network. Berry, I want to leave that task to you. The uncertainty with the Mercane after what appears to be an internal coup means that we have a small window of opportunity, and the Cauldron's recent expansion upon Amaryl's ascension was made with just that in mind. If we compare this to a mortal cabinet, I wish for you to be my minister of trade to Valar's field marshal."

She turns towards Ranbar next. "As for you, I wish for you to improve communications between our local agents and the Temple of the Golden Flame. While our faith burns as brightly as ever, the support structure for it is changing as we speak. Already I have commanded my faithful on my world of birth to switch from a nomadic behavior to one where temples, built in my name, will serve the local population by providing free travel and sustenance, as well as greater opportunities for trade, defense and the acquisition of knowledge. Ensuring the process goes as smoothly as possible across the varied Primes will be a lot of work. In the current climate, it would also expose us to greater danger than during peace time, so the high priestess post will be a busy one as well."

Making certain to study both of them, Seira tells them, "Should you accept these tasks, I would expect you to add your own insights. I'm not the micro-managing type, so I will give you all the resources and authority you would need in these new duties. I would only expect to be appraised of any large changes across the board, and in case of problems cropping up that require more than your roles would provide for."

Anastasia

"I accept," Berry says without hesitation.

"As do I," Ranbar adds quietly, "I will serve as I am needed, my lady."

Valar steps forward, "The come with me, Berry. We have much to cooperate with and coordinate, because trade and finance is a vital part of war."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"After you learn all you need today, take tomorrow off to merely observe the Cauldron and its workings. I want you to experience our realm before you properly step into your roles."

Anastasia

"As you will it," Berry agrees as...

Okay, anything else to do with these two here?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I do want them to acclimate a bit, see if they have any questions and then (individually) approach me with either requests or a preliminary report. Perhaps in a week?

As for what I intend to do next, is there a response from Sanzha re: the Mercane, Donald+Kascha re: Aurora, Amaryl re: the Seldarine or Elle re: Balmuria's God-King ruins?

Anastasia

Yes. Which do you want to cover first?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

Meeting with Lady Sanzha is simple. She takes a seat and has a sip of tea before she begins, "As you can imagine, the Mercane are being both cagey and now officially taking preemptive pains to be 'neutral' in the coming conflict," she explains. "Nothing official yet, but individual mercane know how this goes."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Did we manage to get any information on Yemimah before all hell broke loose? And did you figure out anything about their coup?"

As for 'how this goes', the implication is that they'll sell to everyone under the table while pretending to be neutral?