News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

War

Started by Anastasia, November 13, 2018, 10:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Would my arcane knowledge tell me if

1) Miracle/Wish would be a stronger bet than a Disjunction if I'm primarily focusing on closing the portals,
2) Antimagic Ray would do anything to them?

Anastasia

Miracle may be stronger if Erathaol personally intervenes.

Antimagic ray would work unless it's the work of a deity, who innately ignore antimagic.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

If he spends forever just firing off beams that might not work, they'll be stuck here longer.

He takes a breath in and puts a hand to his chest as he prays for a Miracle to close the portals!

Anastasia

Caster level check here.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[21:31] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+31
[21:31] <Penuche> Nephrite invokes Penuche's magic: < 33 > [d20=2]

Anastasia

You channel power, a vessel through which energy flows - and to your surprise, there is little resistance. Holy power floods you and through you, a portal and then another closing. Two collapse before you are turned away, seeing the battlefield. The efreet are largely retreating en masse now, orderly but escaping before your eyes. The forces are rallying, no pretense at holding land now. Yet the surviving portals are used, efreet on carpets escaping through it, escaping back to whence they came.

The light of Chronias above glows brighter and brighter. A glimmer from it, a beam coming large as a city. The beam that comes strikes the main portal, shattering it like a rock through glass. It is utterly annihilated, only secondary portals remaining. You glimpse efreet fleeing even more, the surviving portals providing succor to them. Surviving archons and angels push back, purusing and taking down those they could. Capturing attackers, slaying others in the field of honorable battle. The wounded and dying litter the battlefield all over, not to mention corpses, such as the dragon you slew.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore closes his eyes for a moment as a hand rests on his chest.

"Thank you." He murmurs quietly.

He takes in a breath. "I think one could say our operation was a success." He says.

Anastasia

"A blessed way to meet you! Solomon Whitecloak," Your rider glances back with a laugh, the battles dying down as portals close, the efreet retreating and those remaining crushed, along with their servants. With a heart beating fast, you survey it all and realize one thing - you survived and triumphed.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"A pleasure to meet you as well, Solomon!" Moore says. "Whew, that was... this whole thing is a mess."

He lets out a breath. "But we made it, nonetheless."

Anastasia

The light of Chronias glows brighter, health and vitality coming, reminding of you Elysium or Ysgard.

"Shall I return you to your allies?" Solomon asks, "Even with this, there are those who will need greater healing."

Fast healing 2 is in play for everyone now, including yourself.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"Please do." Moore says. "I'm sure our healing talents can be put somewhere useful."

Anastasia

You find Kaja sitting by the dragon, rubbing his jaw constantly. No sign of Jetina.

Solomon drops you off, "Well met and good luck," he calls, taking back to the air.

With a look, "I'll need a regenerate tomorrow or whenever you can," he says, "Stopped a pommel with my face, lost a few teeth." Kaja says, "Good fight, though."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"And Jetina?" Moore asks as he goes over to cast that. "Can you get that dragon open after? May as well take what it was using and repurpose it for someone else here who can put it to use."

Indeed, Regenerate.

Anastasia

"Gladly," Kaja says, and from there..

There's going to be a lot of assessment, looting, healing and all the little things that happen post an army battle. What are you goals here?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore's primary goal is going to help anyone who needs it immediately, then looting and anything else that needs to be done.