News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

The realm of Hope's Landing

Started by Anastasia, November 20, 2018, 11:16:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

He'd be pretty involved with the trading aspect, so I'd probably say push growth.

The only tasks I can think of would be:

Spread the faith (all of the deities would fall under this, really, but if it needs to just be Moore then that's fine.)
Expand Trade
Increase the army?

I can't think of anything else specific at the moment.

As for new leaders, we haven't met too many folks, but Sapphire comes to mind.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 29, 2020, 10:29:56 PM
He'd be pretty involved with the trading aspect, so I'd probably say push growth.

Okay, we're going to start you off with a level 17 realm then. A normal demigod has a rank 21 domain, but you're new so we'll grow into it. A lot of forces want you to grow and you're working with that, and this will be an early subject of events in the next arc.

QuoteThe only tasks I can think of would be:

Spread the faith (all of the deities would fall under this, really, but if it needs to just be Moore then that's fine.)
Expand Trade
Increase the army?

I assume that spreading the faith is a default, though in your early phases I could see spending points on it, so a task is added for that in inactive tasks. There's already an increase trade task, do you mean something different from that? Finally, what do you have in mind for increasing the army? The size?

QuoteI can't think of anything else specific at the moment.

As for new leaders, we haven't met too many folks, but Sapphire comes to mind.

Sapphire's added.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

No, the current trade one is fine.

I think we're done with the Syllen's pieces though, at least, we know where all of them are, so I'd say that's completed.

As for the army one, I suppose it makes more sense to just put that into "realm defense" anyway.

With that in mind, I'd distribute things like so:

Spread the Faith, Raldare 40%

Increase Trade, Sapphire, 30%

Realm Defense, Windel, 20%

Realm Production, Grias, 11% (10% with Grias' bonus)

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 30, 2020, 04:05:56 PM
No, the current trade one is fine.

I think we're done with the Syllen's pieces though, at least, we know where all of them are, so I'd say that's completed.

Okay then, that one's removed and points are freed.

QuoteAs for the army one, I suppose it makes more sense to just put that into "realm defense" anyway.

Noted.

QuoteWith that in mind, I'd distribute things like so:

Spread the Faith, Raldare 40%

Increase Trade, Sapphire, 30%

Realm Defense, Windel, 20%

Realm Production, Grias, 11% (10% with Grias' bonus)

Done. Anything else to add here?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Nope, let's proceed with that and see where we get.

Anastasia

Cool. I'm just going to post this so I know your thread is current.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Update 11

Raldare informs you that the faith continues to spread. All of yours. (Besides Sylvle's, of course.) He notes that people seem drawn to faith in these times, as shadows seem more and more real and the light that opposes them brighter and brighter.

Sapphire sent you a letter that explains how trade does well. Dragons have swung by at times, often splashing gold and trading valuable things. A small collection of offerings and gifts have been collected as well, if you care to claim them.

Grias lets you know that the shining light from Chronias seems to bless the realm's efforts. Production is bountiful and easy.

Calley sends you a letter that states he could probably lend his insight and gifts to the search for Syllen's Set, as he has nothing better to do.  In case you still need help there.

You get a letter right after that from Sylvie, that notes if you want to let him work it's fine but choose something safe and easy. Yes he's far from normal but he's still a child. Don't make her remember how to be a parent.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Let's investigate the offerings and see how we could redistribute them to those in need or donate them to the Authority of Generosity.

Moore will write a letter back to Calley to tell him yes, but he has to get any of his endeavors approved by either himself or Sylvie first.

Anastasia

Most of the offerings are precious things - useful to redistribute and charitably gift as you noted. One stands out, however.

Hope Fragment: This strange gemstone was found amid the offerings. As far as you can tell, it seems to be a byproduct of your realm. It appears to be pure, solidified hope of some kind? It's not vastly powerful, but it is unique. This would at the least augment a spell based around hope as an optional material component, and may well have other uses if you study them.

If you wish to keep this for yourself, say so and I'll post it in loot.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Let's keep it and study it. Maybe enough of them could make a cool item!