News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Survivors

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2018, 12:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

"Your enthusiasm is always appreciated." Moore says. "Behave yourself while I'm gone, all right?"

Anastasia

Kaja laughs at that, waving you off.

You fly up - and you do not rise. Instead you come to a lonely cliff, overlooking the beaches far below, and yet if you turn, it has a wonderful view of Chronias, above. It is the only land mark amid a sharp mountainside, smooth as worked glass and steep. That little cliff juts out, as if a single imperfection on the mountainside.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Isn't this the same (or similar) place that Erathaol took us to pray?

Moore flies out to stand on the edge of the cliff and look up, as if he expects there will be company.

"You know, I used to think the voice I kept hearing was someone from the realm of 'goodness,' or the entity that manifests itself there as a force." He says, clearly talking upwards. "I don't need to know the 'why' of the role I'm playing... I'm happy enough knowing that I'm helping. At the same time, I know that not everyone who escapes from that place finds themselves hearing You." Moore says, as he looks down at the beaches, filled with water.

A pause before he looks up again. "One day, I'd like to understand why, but I don't need to know right now. Right now, I'd like to understand how it'd be possible that someone powerful and noteworthy enough in Celestia could do something so insidious. Or... perhaps, was this a situation where You had an idea, but you needed that person to prove their duplicity?" He asks.

A pause again.

A panicked noise. "I should have more respect when talking to You. Blame my fey nature of speaking honestly." Moore says with a smile as he bows his head.

Anastasia

Your words carry silently in the peace around this place. There is no reply - yet when you bow your head at the last, you are not along. A dog sleeps here, curled up as if taking a nap here is entirely normal. "It's okay, Moore," Macaron says, a startle as you realize who rests next to you. "We're all watching over you." A happy pant once Macaron looks up, and then, "Pay attention to Wood. He is fond of dogs, so fond that He chose to create the hound archons as they are."

A gentle, slobbery lick to your cheek follows. "But be not afraid. It is not someone currently in Celestia."
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

A small jump that relaxes into a smile.

"It's good to see you too." Moore says, leaning over to give him a pet. "Don't worry, you know I have some history with good dogs." A grin follows that.

"Ah, I think I understand. That explains why..." A sound of confirmation as if some pieces fall into place.

A deep breath.

"Make sure none of them get into any unnecessary trouble, okay? Or if they do, let me know and I'll come rescue them." Moore promises.

Anastasia

"Woof!" Macaron barks, a happy pant before he's gone, leaving you with the light of Chronias.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore stands there for a while longer, just lost in his own thoughts.

"Thank you for always keeping an eye out for me, even though I wasn't born here." Moore says. "Or... maybe I was, in theory, reborn here...?" A shake of his head.

He turns to head back!

Anastasia

As you go...

After all, you understand how important the battle for a single soul is.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore smiles and nods.

"I do." He affirms. "Someone has to rescue her."

Anastasia

Thus you fly down and return home. It's been a long day if nothing else - you're drained. You could use some rest to recharge if nothing else, though you could push on.

Next move?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

If there's nothing else pressing, let's take a nap. In the morning we can tackle the stuff on Calley's notes and see if Melia has anything back from the trader in Brightwater.

Anastasia

You sleep.

You awaken and sit up, refreshed. You slept well, no nightmares. You simply slept. Wood is curled up at the foot of your bed, snoozing away. On your table is a folded piece of paper.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore reaches over to read the piece of paper!

Anastasia

It's a simple message from Grias, telling you that he has information for you when you're awake.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore gives Wood a gentle pet before he cleans himself up and gets dressed to go find his loyal lantern archon.