"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Moving on

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+38+22 Diplo/Cunning Knowledge
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 64 > [d20=4]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Your words sweep over the regents, consideration as Madala rises. "We should support this," she declares, "I dislike it, but power attracts power and wealth attracts wealth. We grow laden with both, they propel us forward."

"I second that," Delaize adds, softly.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa leans forward, "Any concerns have to be addressed now. Anything unsaid will become seeds of dissention that break our foundation later. None of us, despite our conflicts, want to see this become the death of the Order's legacy."

Anastasia

It is Ule that speaks up. "We have been talking about. We have little choice, so we follow."

Madala grimaces, as if biting into a lemon. "For all our arguments and quibbling, we're in a position where we have to be strong or we die. Not after Sharrans take a personal interest in us. The omens are not good."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods.

"Then, another task. As distasteful as some of you find it to have me as head of state, I want you to draft proposals for positions of advisors and government functions. Madala, you and I have our differences but I feel you keep me at a good balance. I'd like you to be one of my closest advisors. I find the echo chambers of most nobility... distasteful, and one of the greatest contributors to corruption and abuse of power."

Anastasia

"So," Madala says, "I get paid to tell you when you're being a stupid bitch?" A faint smile graces her face, all eyes on you.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I doubt whatever guard force ends up existing will like that, but if I'm going to make a mistake... Then yes, tell me. I don't recall ever being that disrespectful to you, though."

Anastasia

Madala tosses her hair back, "You just said you needed me, so that gave me the power to get away with it. But I accept your offer."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I never said I needed you. Don't forget, many rulers have fools instead of advisors to keep them grounded. You're my loudest detractor, Madala. Not my only one. You're about to step into a very public role, and I expect you to conduct yourself with the dignity and aplomb it requires of you."

Anastasia

To that you get a slight nod, "Then I will, Alyssa."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa smiles at her, "Thank you. Though I don't mind a bit of playing around, either. I give Jarem hell every chance I get. Before we move on, are there any other points anyone would like to bring up. Again, we need to get this out of the way before we ratify the proposal."

Anastasia

There's a fair few questions, but they're generally extremely mundane things I don't really care to go into IC: Taxes, precise organization of a few things not really needed to be drawn out IC and so on. Is there anything along those lines you'd like to address?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Nah, I'll trust your judgement on those things. I think you have a fair idea of what sort of policies on that stuff I'm looking for, and if not, then we can mess with it on IRC or OOC.

Anastasia

Give me another Diplo check here, just for the record.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+38 Diplo
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 52 > [d20=14]