News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Moving on

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Amid the darkness of the evening, the waves churn and surge as the tidal wave come crashing forward.

Str check, Ianvasah and elementals.

> roll 1d20+18 Ianvasah
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 25 > [d20=7]
> roll 1d20+14 elemental 1
> roll 1d20+14 elemental 2
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 16 > [d20=2]
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=10]

Somehow, the three of them are enough. The tidal wave looms over them but is checked, held in place at least for the moment. Struggling in place, the horrors aren't moving - at least for now.

Ianvasah, she's obviously busy. Go.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa begins casting again, focusing on placing her spells correctly!

Frostfell, CL 32, Duration: 32 hours
Area: 32x20-ft cube; 640 ft-cube total.
Drops temp by 3 bands. If new temp is below cold band, water turns to ice.
Creatures turn to ice, fort save: DC 27; 1d6/level of frostburn on successful save.
Cold spells gain +1 CL.

Targeting: Looking to freeze as much of the incoming tidal wave as I can while hitting the levi-dragons and missing allies. Don't have much to work with beyond that.

> roll 20d6
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 65 > [d6=3,5,1,3,5,3,2,3,6,1,5,1,4,1,1,2,4,4,6,5]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Okay, so let me make sure I have this clear: Your goal is to freeze both the horrors and the wave? Which one is prioritized?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Wave is priority. It'll free up the elementals, Ianvasah, and Emily, which combined is way more firepower than what I can do solo while they're occupied.

Anastasia

It takes all of your range, but the wave is frozen solid. Mist rises from the now frozen wave as Ianvasah lays off, stopping for now. Got it!

Anything else this turn?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa flies forward to get more of her spells in range!

Anastasia

What's your movement speed?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

Alyssa (32) > Emily = Elementals (27) > Jarem (25) > Horror 1 = Horror 2 (24) > Horror 3 (22) > Ianvasah (21)

Emily smiles widely as the elementals hold position, slowly walking forward. At the same time she ripples as...

Quickened time stop.

> roll 1d4+1
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 2 > [d4=1]

When time resumes, Emily stands atop the frozen wave, perched nimbly. As her hair is blown back in the wind, she raises her fist, all of winter's storms seeming to gather around it. With a wordless cry she points down into the gloomy sea, a polar ray heading at the second of the hidden horrors, arcing right for it.

> roll 32d8 brr
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 176 > [d8=5,3,7,8,5,3,7,8,4,4,6,4,2,8,7,5,8,5,5,6,2,5,2,4,5,8,8,5,5,8,8,6]
> roll 1d20+35 touch AC first whoops
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 46 > [d20=11]
> roll 1d20+32
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 37 > [d20=5]

The polar ray hits the center one, icing it over severely, ice forming all over its scaly body.

"Make them feel it," Jarem calls as he ascends up and further, almost to Emily as he positions. At the same time he murmurs a benediction, a moment of a red shift surrounding him, flowing into his body.

Red Knight's Skill, +5 competence to attacks, AC and damage. Also weapon proficiencies that shouldn't matter here. Horrors are up.

At this, the first horror begins to swim to the side, stone spines breaking as it moves. It's moving fast in the water, clearing 100ft with ease, going to start maneuvering around the wave. The second does so in the opposite direction, frozen and shuddering, while the third charges forward, right into the frozen wave. The only mercy is that he aims away from the elementals and Ianvasah, and after a moment, she makes no move to intercept him.

> roll 1d20+60 (+3 ???, +4 ???, +8 ???)
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 76 > [d20=16]
> roll 24d10+192
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 328 > [d10=8,8,2,10,9,10,4,1,1,5,3,6,10,2,10,4,3,3,8,9,2,7,9,2]

The entire wave cracks and shatters in the middle as the horror goes through black horn first, drawing in on itself. It becomes vastly smaller, slipping through the gap made, expanding as he surges onto the beach. As cracks run throughout the frozen wave, spreading? You finally get a good look at it.

The thing is dragonlike in body, yet lithe and smooth. A long, dark horn juts out from its head, fins shifting into legs as it lands. Blue scales seem to glisten black in evening, body nothing but muscle. A moment after landing, it begins to move and...

Ianvasah's up, but this is super long, so go ahead and react. To be clear, one on the beach not far from you, one to the far left and one to the far right, going around the frozen wave. The frozen wave is cracking by the moment after that massive breakthrough.

[spoiler]

Jarem
HP: 473/473
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+5 (+5 competence), Damage+5 (+5 competence) AC+5 (+5 competence), Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Turn Deific Foes 8/8 Smite 6/6 Knight's Challenge 20/20 Law Devotion 1/1
Spells Used: Freedom of Movement
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Freedom of Movement (CL32), Red Knight's Skill (CL32)
Notes: Tripping: +12 CMB/CMD on it, free attack on trip, make a DC 32 Fort or be unable to rise for one round.

Emily
HP: 398/408
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Dragonfire Wrath 10/10 Channel Energy 13/13 Lay On Hands 30/30 Blinding Speed 25/25
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: 4 9th level FS, 1 9th level sorc, 13th level sorc
Notes: Spell shield to reduce damage.

Ianvasah
HP: 423/423 (fast healing 3)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Protection Domain 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Has notes for shapeshift on her sheet.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Keep them separate! Support each other!"

Anastasia

Okay, today in DMs are human: I forgot that Summon Elemental Monolith is concentration only, and for whatever reason I didn't check the spell before Emily used it. So those elementals are going bye bye shortly. That's my fault entirely, though it wouldn't have changed the results with only one there, the rolling was sufficient without the second, if just barely.

Another post later this afternoon or evening to move you along in the battle.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

As they hold it back, the water elementals fizzle away, while meanwhile Iavansah turns. She stomps forward, big fists coming down to crush the horror before you.

> roll 1d20+49
> roll 1d20+49
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 56 > [d20=7]
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 56 > [d20=7]

Yet the blows rain ineffectively on the scaled horror, barely battering it as...

Alyssa, go.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa focuses on the one near to her and begins casting!

Stone Skewers, (Echoing), CL 32, Duration 32 days. DC: 28
10 ft Spikes extend from body, 1d6 damage per CL (35d6 max), sickened 1 round, and entangled. Half damage and no sicken on Fort Save. Any creature in 5ft range takes 5d6 damage and becomes pined, ref save.

Cunning Breach to bypass SR, -2 Inspiration.

6/10 Inspiration.

> roll 35d6
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 115 > [d6=1,3,4,5,3,3,5,6,1,2,3,1,1,3,4,4,2,1,6,6,3,2,3,2,4,1,5,4,2,5,1,6,6,6,1]

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+34 (+6 ???, +3 ???, +1 ???, +4 ???)
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 39 > [d20=5]

Spines erupt out, this time digging into the soft sands. The horror writhes silently, not making a sound as its very body resists itself, fighting against itself. It's bloodied, blood a pale blue color, leaking out as...

That it for your turn?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon