Moving on

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

With a simple utterance of power, Jarem charges in once again, darting in at his foe.

Queen's Movement as a swift to help with the AoO he's eating to do this.

> roll 1d20+60 (+3 ???, +4 ???, +8 ???)
<Meredith> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 70 > [d20=10]

Miss thanks to Queen's Movement.

> roll 1d20+65 (+2 charge, +4 celestial valor, +5 red knight's skill, +10 deific foes, +5 smite, -6 PA)
<Meredith> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 76 > [d20=11]
> roll 1d8+65
<Meredith> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 68 > [d8=3][/i]

With a deft parry, Jarem's blade again rakes the side of  the horror, drawing a welling of blood, staining red across its scaled body.

Horrors are up.

The horror next to you is frozen and burned, surely wounded severely. It turns towards you and Emily, a bleary, bloody look. It stays where it is, horn shimmering before it detatches with a gush of blood, the horror collapsing. Yet the horn flies true at the two of you, a massive detonation engulfing both you and Emily.

Reflex.

Alyssa (32) > Emily (27) > Jarem (25) > Horror 1 (24)  > Ianvasah (21)\

[spoiler]

Jarem
HP: 473/473
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+9 (+5 competence, +4 sacred), Damage+9 (+5 competence, +4 sacred) AC+9 (+5 competence, +4 sacred), Saves+4 (+4 sacred), Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Turn Deific Foes 8/8 Smite 4/6 Knight's Challenge 20/20 Law Devotion 1/1
Spells Used: Queen's Movement, Freedom of Movement, Red Knight's Skill.
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Freedom of Movement (CL32), Red Knight's Skill (CL32), Celestial Valor (CL28)
Notes: Tripping: +12 CMB/CMD on it, free attack on trip, make a DC 32 Fort or be unable to rise for one round.

Emily
HP: 398/408
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Bonuses: Attack+4 (+4 sacred), Damage+4 (+4 sacred), AC+4 (+4 sacred), Saves+4 (+4 sacred), Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Dragonfire Wrath 10/10 Channel Energy 13/13 Lay On Hands 30/30 Blinding Speed 25/25
Spells Used: 1 6th level FS, 4 9th level FS, 1 5th level sorc, 6 7th level sorc, 2 9th level sorc, 1 10th level sorc, 2 13th level sorc
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Celestial Valor (CL28)
Notes: Spell shield to reduce damage.

Ianvasah
HP: 16/423 (fast healing 3)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+4 (+4 sacred), Damage+4 (+4 sacred), AC+4 (+4 sacred), Saves+4 (+4 sacred), Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Protection Domain 1/1
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Notes: Has notes for shapeshift on her sheet.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Ref/Cunning Insight:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+30 : 17 + 30, total 47[/blockquote]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

+4 to that from Celestial Valor. Total: 51

Anastasia

It's been 5 rounds for the sake of fast healing, so mark that off.

A moment later, you and Ianvasah are further north, beaches beneath rock cliffs. Here walls of force and various elementals struggle to hold back a vast tidal wave, one that looms higher than the cliffs. Over a dozen guild mages are atop the cliffs, chanting and casting, focus fully on the massive wave.

[spoiler]

Jarem
HP: 473/473
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+9 (+5 competence, +4 sacred), Damage+9 (+5 competence, +4 sacred) AC+9 (+5 competence, +4 sacred), Saves+4 (+4 sacred), Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Turn Deific Foes 8/8 Smite 4/6 Knight's Challenge 20/20 Law Devotion 1/1
Spells Used: Queen's Movement, Freedom of Movement, Red Knight's Skill.
SLAs Used:
Spells Active: Freedom of Movement (CL32), Red Knight's Skill (CL32), Celestial Valor (CL28)
Notes: Tripping: +12 CMB/CMD on it, free attack on trip, make a DC 32 Fort or be unable to rise for one round.

Emily
HP: 323/408
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Resources: Dragonfire Wrath 10/10 Channel Energy 13/13 Lay On Hands 30/30 Blinding Speed 25/25
Spells Used: 1 6th level FS, 4 9th level FS, 1 5th level sorc, 6 7th level sorc, 2 9th level sorc, 1 10th level sorc, 2 13th level sorc
SLAs Used:
Notes: Spell shield to reduce damage.

Ianvasah
HP: 184/423 (fast healing 3)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Resources: Protection Domain 1/1
Spells Used: Heal.
SLAs Used:
Notes: Has notes for shapeshift on her sheet.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa begins casting in response.

"This is the last one of these I can cast for a while. Let's capitalize on it!"

Stone Skewers (Chain, Echoing, Empower), CL 32, Duration: 32 days.

[blockquote]Rolled 20d6 : 1, 2, 5, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 6, 3, 5, 3, 4, 6, 4, 6, 3, 4, 1, 2, total 71[/blockquote]

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Think so, but only to avoid sickening. DC 30

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+34 (+6 ???, +3 ???, +1 ???, +4 ???)
<Meredith> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 46 > [d20=12]

With a final, sickening crunch, the last struggles and goes still. In the aftermath you're breathing heavily, bleeding and hurting, but intact. You did it. You triumphed!

Free act.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa grimaces.

"Attend the wounded. Let's get these remains to research."

With that, Alyssa chants a quick spell.

Vigor Circle, CL 22
Fast healing 3, 32 rounds, 11 people in 20 ft.

Anastasia

You and Emily, Jarem and Ianvasah are too far away. Ianvasah has fast healing 3 from an epic feat, anyway.

Jarem flies over in the meantime, landing in a crouch and straightening up. "We have a bigger problem," he says without preamble, "The wrath of the Red Knight flowed through me and to my strikes. Those who serve a select group would provoke that. Chourst, Renbuu, Sune, Fraz Urb'Luu, Cyric, Garagos...and Shar."

"You think this might be Shar mounting an attack?" Emily asks, wounds repairing before your eyes, no longer bleeding. Meanwhile Ianvasah swoops on back, landing in a crouch, grimacing as she heals.

"It could be unrelated misfortune, these could be a slaad problem, Cyric moving on us or even Garagos taking exception to my presence. He and the Red Knight don't get along well. But Shar would be my first guess." Jarem agrees.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"It might be even. Worse. If it's one of those others, it's all but impossible that it's coincidence that we were targeted by them and Shar. You need to contact her and see if she has thoughts about such an alliance."

Anastasia

"I must still be battle ready," Jarem rubs the side of his head, "Say that again, Alyssa?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Think. The prophecy. If Shar was to win, what would she need? Who would she need? Could any, or all, of those you named advance that? Alliance or manipulation, it amounts to the same effect. Could it be plausible?"

Anastasia

Jarem hms, sword at rest and shield at his side. "It's....Garagos is possible, but my understanding is that Tempus keeps him under check. Sune wouldn't, for all Sune's failings, it's a personal grudge between the faiths and powers, not any leaning towards Shar. Cyric possibly would. Fraz is a demon so anything's possible, the slaad too."

"I think some divinations would help," Emily points out, "If we can track that down directly, that would save us the trouble of guessing."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Those divinations need protections. Look at what happened to ours? If there is cooperation there, I'm concerned about what might happen without significant protections."