News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Moving on

Started by Anastasia, December 03, 2018, 12:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Jarem bows, "My ladies," he says, as for a moment Syala pulses. She is more - it's like a storm battering against you, reality becoming nothing but her. It's like drowning in Syala, overwhelming terror felt for a split second.

"Yes, you are divine," Jarem licks his lips and bows again.

"No offense meant," Syala smiles a little bit, "But I find that sort of display cuts across an awful lot of impressions and tedium."

Ianvasah bows to Syala as well, "Blessed by the Mother of the Pride," she murmurs.

"Syala." Latha says it as a single word, meaning imbued into it with a rich hint of long seated opinion. "Ahem. I understand you're finding this same bond amid yourselves - a connection that is felt as you accomplish deeds and realize various facts and motivations about yourself, one that provides direct empowerment? But one that is like in orbit around the one who the leader, rather than directly empowering the leader?"
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Sounds correct. We've only just realized the goals focus of it."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"Yes," Ianvasah says, "So we can continue to gain more power by doing that? Is there a limit?"

"Not that we know of," Latha says, "Have any of you heard a voice speak to you, related to this power?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Not that I can remember... Did you hear an echo of Io, then?"

Anastasia

"It's more complicated than that - and there is a reason for what we have been given. A reason more important than any other," Latha says, "Are you familiar with the Prophecy of Primus?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I dunno, am I? K:P/R I guess?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+44 K:P
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 58 > [d20=14]

Anastasia

Approximately 5,000 years ago, Primus of Mechanus produced the end result of a vast calculation. This calculation holds that Shar will triumph and destroy all of Creation. This is known as the Prophecy of Primus.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa repeats this back to them. "I haven't delved any further into it than that, however."

Anastasia

"It is something we fight against and you have been drafted into this war by Io," Latha explains, "Our goal and our mission is to stop Shar for good, to slay her and put an end to the looming destruction of Creation. Syala, Alicia and Seira were all ascended in part to provide more deities to oppose Shar, for her power waxes terribly."

"Well, oblivion or fighting Shar," Jarem speaks up, "I'd do it even without the support, because I like living. He takes a breath out, "Do you know why us? Frankly, we're a completely disparate group."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well... I have to ask the question. If Io is taking a hand in selecting people to oppose Shar... Why doesn't he simply strike her down, or direct all of the major gods to move against her? She might be extremely powerful, but... There are a lot of other powerful gods as well. Does Io's commands not carry the weight with them for this, or is it something not meant for mortals?"

Anastasia

"Io has been gone a long time," Syala speaks up, "And...Shar is strong, monstrously strong now. We gather strength to try and stop her. Regardless of what else is said here today, we're here to offer you help."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well... I can't say I'd want to turn help down, but... while I'm powerful, monstrously so by some people's inelegant opinions, as your earlier demonstration shows, I'm still just a mortal. I'll do what I can, but Shar's already got me in her sights, though considering it's only been a single assassin, it seems I'm not much more of an after thought. What, exactly, do you have in mind? Please keep in mind that I've allied myself with the Red Knight and I'm a follower of Shaundakul, so anything we decide here, they may want to weigh in on."

Anastasia

"Anything we can do to aid you growing, and to know that you hav esupport," Latha picks up from there, "And to ask if you can help us at all, because we seek Io."
<Afina> Forever.