News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Will you accept a trade that restricts use? Just you and I, and it doesn't go beyond the two of us?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

The ground hisses with acid, light blue light spreading from your touch as hunks of it are eaten away, dissolved in your touch. To this Galaurskax declares, "Then be matched by the wit of a great wyrm." A scroll appears in the air before Alicia, awaiting her.

"Possibly," He says, "Depending on what it is."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia accepts the scroll, unfurling it to take a look.

Anastasia

It is a scroll of Bredanalundalum's Wit.

Bredanalundalum's Wit
Divination
Level: Brd 10, Sor/Wiz 12
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 10 min/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Your touch bestows great intelligence and knowledge, letting you answer questions far and wide. The target gains a +20 competence bonus to Knowledge checks and may make Knowledge checks untrained, even if the DC is higher than 10. If the target has bardic knowledge or a similar ability such as lore, this bonus applies to that as well. Finally, once per five caster levels, the target may discern what question he should ask someone. This need not be a question the target would think or even know to ask, or even be aware that he should ask it. Creatures under epic abjurations that stop divinations return no result if the target discerns what questions he should ask them.

This spell was created by Brendanalundalum, a powerful and unique dragon. Only a few other entities related to Io are aware of this spell.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Hmm. Has excellent synergy with that Bibliotheca spell that was recently developed. "My thanks," Alicia says, stowing the scroll away in her portable hole for now.

Corwin

"My secret spells," Seira responds, a trio of scrolls floating in the air before the dragon. "The Visage set. Available only to my most faithful, and ones I don't wish to spread beyond you."

A fourth scroll appears slightly off to the side. "And here is my Arcane Thesis, which is not similarly restricted. I just want credit where it's due."

Nephrite

"I know a few spells of my own design but I don't know if they'd be on the same level." Moore admits. "I don't know if Words of Creation are something that I can teach but I could explain what I know about them."

Anastasia

"Do so," Is the answer to Moore, while the scrolls are examined. After some time he says, "These are worthy spells. Come and I shall teach you a secret."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

With the world shaking, the dragon leans into Seira and murmurs to her, scrolls forming in her hand.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

"A scroll of the soul of the winds, and a scroll of a great magic made by one of the greatest eladrin." The wyrm says, as you read the two of them.

Quality/level over quantity in this case.

You get scrolls of the following:

Ghostblood
Zephyr's Soul

Ghostblood
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 18
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

Ghostblood turns the target's blood to ghostly wisps of air that blow away, leaving the creature without a drop of blood in its body. This spell deals 70d8 points of damage to the target. If the target survives this, they make a DC 10 Constitution check. The check must be repeated each round, with the DC increasing by +1 for each previous success. When the target fails one of these Constitution checks, they begin to suffocate. In the first round they fall unconscious and die of suffocation two rounds later. This suffocation does not depend on air, so being able to breathe is irrelevant to it. It can only be stopped by the target healing as much damage as this spell inflicted. Measures that prevent suffocation, such as a necklace of adaption, do not prevent this suffocation.

A creature that succeeds on the saving throw only loses a majority of its blood. It only takes half damage and is not subject to the suffocation above. Instead, they are subject to slow suffocation, except that the damage begins immediately, occurs every round and deals 5d6 points of non-lethal damage. Like above, this suffocation can only be stopped by healing the damage done by the spell (but not any non-lethal damage that occurs from slow suffocation).

Creatures that do not possess a bloodstream or similar anatomy are not subject to this spell. Creatures that possess blood but do not need to breathe are subject to the damage but not the suffocation.

Zephyr's Soul
Transmutation
Level: Sor/Wiz 13
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 hour/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell gives you a fly speed of 160ft (perfect). You ignore the effects of wind while you fly, normal winds cannot harm you while under this spell. This flight is no strain on you and you can fly as long as you as the spell lasts without fatigue (though you still get tired normally and from doing other things). If this spell is dispelled or ends prematurely, winds cushion your fall so that you take no damage as you land.

This spell allows you to travel 256 miles in 8 hours, or approximately 32 miles per hour.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore will write down what he knows about Words of Creation in a piece of paper and rolls it up, offering it upwards!

to be clearer here he's writing what he knows they can do and what he's experimented with doing.

Anastasia

The writing is taken and studied, "You have learned much of them." Another scroll is presented, this one to Moore.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

If that works, then Seira's knowledge certainly qualifies. "I've got a bit more skills to trade." The scroll that appears before the older wyrm details the creation of an All-Elemental. "Same restrictions as before, just a trade of information between you and I."