News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Alicia just assumed they only were able to exist because of being fundamentally linked to Creation and after its destruction they would unravel swiftly in the Far Realm no matter where they went. This is a rather more mundane explanation than she expected, but she keeps quiet to let Seira press with her questions.

Corwin

Seira honestly doubts that the Incarnations are perfect, but she supposes it's a subjective interpretation on Io's part. "And we divine cannot become One? By ascending within Creation, we are forever barred from it?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

"Eblis suggested that I could become One when he made his offer to me," Alicia speaks up now. "I may have misunderstood, however."

Anastasia

"I have reached such a thing," Io says, "It is not impossible, but it is a hard and long struggle. It is simpler to become One before divinity, lest one have to overcome the limitations the Incarnations set."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Any advice for us if we pursue it? Or insight into how the Incarnations differ?" Seira asks curiously. It's certainly something she might look into some day.

Anastasia

Before you all it appears - a simple, leatherbound tome. It is impossibly thick and yet thicker, seeming to go on forever and yet be compact enough to fit on any bookshelf like any other book.

"It is all written in this book. Any of you may study it as you wish," Io says.

Antenora's been quiet throughout this, "Lord Io - you spoke that Moore was meant to be One, and you are happy I am One. Regardless of anything else...are we insurance if we fail? That some memory or form of Creation may endure if Shar triumphs?"

"If we are to fail and be doomed," Io says, "Then at least let those of Creation go to their eternal sleep knowing that they may be remembered."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I'm thinking we'll just win instead," Seira voices, accepting the book on their behalf. "Ah, before I continue with my endless questions, may we inquire into the futures of those kept here? Will they be freed to live out their lives as they choose in Creation, be it a quiet retirement or fighting Shar at our side?"

Anastasia

"Yes, triumph," Io agrees, as Antenora quietly considers his words. "I am aware of what you promised them. You wish for me to free them."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Keeping them here is senseless," Alicia voices. "Whatever purpose this place had, it has been fulfilled."

Corwin

Seira nods in agreement with Alicia. "Of course, if they do have a purpose that they can only fulfill by staying here, I would like to inquire about it. Perhaps a better option will become available through dialogue, one that provides you with results while giving them their freedom?"

Nephrite

Moore's just quiet for right now, though he does nod a bit to the request for the freedom of the denizens.

Anastasia

"Any purpose they have is long fulfilled," Amaryl adds, "Please, let them be free. They deserve to eat from the tree of freedom." She steps forward at that, "Even those that asked for it have served long enough."

"Yes, please," Jetina seconds, "Freedom...what's life without the chances to live it? Nothing but a hollow shell, breathing and thinking, yearning for what they are denied."

Io eyes all of you, "I will grant your request. Who do you wish to give freedom? Name all those you would see freed."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"All of them except the insane Sharran dragon that was destroyed fully," Seira responds, as it's obvious. "Faradanalumiskan, the Champion, Scandamalonax and her kid Chardonax, Galaurskax, the two parts of your hope made into dragons that never actually introduced themselves by name, Bendalasinusalan and his kobold friend, the strange blindfolded elf that likes prophecies, the aggressive turtle dragon, the four classical elemental dragons, the pseudo Far Realm dragon girl if she can do it safely without everyone trying to murder her on sight, Lightning, Bredanalundalum, Kecasandarenala, those psionic dragons, the aurix, Madigar of course and the proto dragons. Quite a lot of the inhabitants didn't bother introducing themselves!"

Anastasia

"I will give them the offer, it is their choice if they accept it or not," Io declares.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Thank you!" Seira says with feeling. "Our realms will happily assist if they want or need a stepping stone out into Creation, so please deliver that with the offer, Lord Io?"