News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Or they got too jealous of their powers, or they decided to maintain a status quo like just about every opposed power across the planes...."

I'll use all the buffs and take 10 for 118.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"I hope so, that was interesting. Don't you think, Moore?" Jetina looks to him, "You know more about Baleruk than I do."

"It's also similar to others who seek perfection," Oberuth remarks, "Such as the Lord of the Seventh."

"Or Eblis?" Antenora murmurs to herself, yet loud enough it's no strain to hear. "Also, three paths make more sense than two paths. It always comes back to three."

Seira recalls lore about Sardior - the Ruby Dragon, the leader of the gem dragons - as much as they have one. His title is the Ruby Dragon, but he keeps a low profile, as the gem dragons tend to as well. They're usually overshadowed by the dragons of good and evil.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"Huh, the gem dragons? That's... well, fine." Deciding that she'd ask Io whether she happened to chance upon that path by accident or found a new one, Seira decides to head east to scout that passage.

Nephrite

Moore seems lost in thought for a moment until he turns and looks over at Jetina. "Hm? Oh, yes. ...But, this recording makes it sound like no one ever achieved these paths, but we know that that isn't true."

Ebiris

Seeing no reason to split up, Alicia follows Seira around the eastern passage.

Nephrite

Anastasia

"I don't think it's that," Amaryl pipes up as she follows. "More than none found the perfection he sought, rather than the paths, which he didn't seek."

"That's splitting hairs and exact phrasing," Oberuth says, then with a look over at Alicia and Seira, "Powerful entities seem to rely on that."

Meanwhile...

Give me a formation here for reference?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"The story is chronological, perhaps the next sphere will tell us about Bahamaut or Tiamat's ascension," Alicia posits.

Lets go with Seira, Obureth, Antenora, Alicia, Moore, Amaryl, Jetina?

Nephrite

Corwin

Works. BTW, is this place large enough to travel as a G dragon?

Anastasia

It is not, at least not in the halls.

The passage goes east, winds north and then slowly shifts east. It's slow and meandering, the walls staying a pale sky blue throughout. Ahead is a large chamber, where in in three spheres of light float. These spheres are of dark, bold colors - bright red, deep blue, vibrant green. They float about the room slowly, drifting.

Dead in front of you, at the entrance to this room, floats another pale sphere, just like the previous one that spoke to you.

There is a passage back to the west, just above where you are. The angle prevents seeing down it and even your deific vision seems oddly blocked there.

There is a passage on the southern end of the room to the east, narrowing and becoming a glossy, embossed light blue.

Finally, there is a northern passage with nothing immediately captivating about it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"The chatty sphere, first?" Seira proposes, reaching out to tap it.

Anastasia

Map update: https://i.imgur.com/JV5nRKj.png

"It makes sense," Amaryl agrees, bow and arrow ready nonetheless.

"He wants to teach us as much as test us," Antenora says, "If there's a difference at all."

To this Io's voice is heard again. "I tried many different variations on dragons before settling on their final form. The first were great lizards, with more powerful breath and physical might, yet no magic or flight."

Before you the spheres solidify and then break like eggs. The creatures that emerge are lizardlike - dragon-esque but still lizards, wingless but with great, muscled bodies and thick scales. They are the size of two or three Hannas each, bearing low and ready to strike. One is a deep green shade, one is a glossy metallic silver and the third is a deep, shining dragon with scales like clear crystal.

Then Io's voice is heard as the sphere vanishes. "Let us see if you are more perfect than these first efforts were."

At that, the dragons pounce forward and - !!!!

Count another minute off durations, all. Note if that ends any spells.

Init. Don't worry about Jetina here, Moore.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia has supreme initiative and DvR 2

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 632+20/632
Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 33, 65hrs), many moments of prescience (CL 32, 31 hrs), extended repelling shield (CL 33, 63m), keen edge (CL 32, 317m), sensual blessing (CL 32, 29m), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 32, 29m), greater heroism (CL 32, 29m), death ward (CL 32, 29m), divine insight (CL 32, 32 hrs), extended ray deflection (CL 33, 63m)
Defences: AC 86 (touch 48), CMD 123, spell resistance 47, status immunity (dazzled, blinding, polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection
Stat buffs/penalties: +9 shield AC, 17-20 crit range, +25 competence perception, +10 insight perception, +4 morale skills, +18 morale attack, +8 competence attack, +4 untyped attack, +18 morale damage, +4 untyped damage, +12 dodge AC, +12 morale saves, +15 crit confirmations
Perceptions: Darkvision 2 miles, scent, low-light vision, tremorsense/blindsight 2 miles, arcane sight, perception +86
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/16/16/13/9/9/15/8/7/7/8/6/6/5
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/22/21/11/7

Corwin

19:42 <CC> roll 1d20+22
19:42 <Meredith> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 27 > [d20=5]

Sign expires on this init.
Superior Vigor and Recitation have 3 rounds left.