News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"I'm fine," Jetina shakes her head, "I can go as lon gas I need to and get much out of little."

"Likewise," Antenora says. "Most of the foes here are not evil, so my reserves are strong."

Amaryl ponders that a moment, "I'm fine, too."

"Then let's use what we need to use wisely, but not too conservatively," Oberuth says, "We're not tapped out yet."

Meanwhile you reach the teleporter without incident.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia leads the way through the teleporter!

Anastasia

Ahead is a hallway heading along before turning in two directions at the end, north and south you think. The walls are a deep, brassy color. "Finally, a metallic dragon," Jetina remarks. "This should be interesting."

https://i.imgur.com/AGXpYaP.png Map update. You're on the far left side, upper center. The single room in the center/upper part is where the knight was.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Not that the ones we saw before were specifically chromatic either," Alicia reflects, going along to see where the hallway leads in those north/south directions.

Anastasia

To th enorth the passage stays brassy colored, turning to the west.

To the south the air gets warmer, coming to an end with a passage east and a passage west. You can smell the scents of the desert, warmth and sand.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Lets try this way," Alicia picks North, going around the bend to the West.

Nephrite

Anastasia

THe hallways turns west to a dead end - but at that dead end is a door north. There's also a little kobold there, standing guard like all the world rests on its shoulders. "Hold it! Stop! Right there, no further, you hear!" he calls, wearing light leather armor and with a simple short sword in hand.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Yes?" Alicia obligingly comes to a stop. "Why not?"

Anastasia

"Because Lord Io let me be one of his guards and I won't let him down!" he declares firmly, "I'm a real dragon now, too!" Waving his short sword at the party, glowering, "So turn right around and get out of here."

Antenora cracks a smile at this while Jetina murmurs, "How willful."

"Fearless as well," Amaryl adds, but rather pleasantly follows up with, "What will happen if we say no?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Io bid us to explore this place and defeat all challenges, so we are executing his will," Seira reasons with the kobold. "Some of the dragons present have engaged us in a contest rather than fight to the death. Would you prefer to settle things that way?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

"Yes, Io also bid us to explore this maze and overcome the challenges within, so that would put us at odds," Alicia agrees, not underestimating the kobold on appearances. She knows at least one archmage kobold in Dweomerheart after all.

That said, does he have interesting magical equipment or active spells on?

Take 10 for spellcraft for 61 where relevant.

Spoiler: ShowHide

Alicia: 696/696
Active spells: Extended nondetection (CL 33, 65hrs), extended repelling shield (CL 33, 43m), keen edge (CL 32, 298m), sensual blessing (CL 32, 10m), vision of the omniscient eye (CL 32, 10m), greater heroism (CL 32, 10m), death ward (CL 32, 10m), extended ray deflection (CL 33, 44m), divine insight (CL 32, 32hrs), foresight (CL 32, 307m), dance of the unicorn (CL 32, 19m), recitation (CL 32, 3m), greater visage of the deity (CL 32, 3m), ghost touch weapon (CL 32, 22m), many moments of prescience (CL 32, 32 hrs)
Defences: AC 79 (touch 40), CMD 105 spell resistance 47, status immunity (dazzled, blinding, polymorph, petrification, disease, poison, stunning, sleep, paralysis, death effects, disintegration, energy drain, ability damage, ability drain, mind-affecting, and fear), energy immunity (fire, cold, negative energy), energy resist 10 (acid), nondetection (DC 48), ray deflection
Stat buffs/penalties: +9 shield AC, 17-20 crit range, +25 competence perception, +10 insight perception, +4 morale skills/saves, +2 insight AC/reflex, +3 luck attack/saves, +1 natural armour, +4 str, +2 dex, +4 con, +2 int, +4 wis, +4 cha, +18 morale attack/damage
Perceptions: Darkvision 2 miles, scent, low-light vision, tremorsense/blindsight 2 miles, arcane sight, perception +88
Sorcerer spell slots: 6/15/16/13/6/7/14/6/5/6/5/2/6/2
Duskblade spell slots: 6/22/20/19/6/7
Quick-casts left: 2

Anastasia

"But he told me to guard this," The kobold insists, "But he told you to explore?" A deep frown, "Then...um...."

The kobold's armor and sword are highly enchanted. He has the following spells on him: Kobold's Glory, Supreme Resistance, Danatha's Improvisation, Io's Blessing, Fortunate Fate.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore rubs his chin. "What, specifically, did he tell you to guard? Just this path?"

Corwin

"Pick a skill you have pride in. One of us will face you, and should they be victorious, you will allow us to proceed."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake