News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Onward with war

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 01:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Alicia uses arcane sight to see if there was any magic.

Anastasia

No magic. Seira can see Oberuth is just in one spot and then in another, an odd thing indeed. It's not like teleportation, where the Astral is touched, it was nothing at all.

"When I was rescuing people in your church, I realized I'd have to go through flames," Oberuth narrates, voice low, "And then I just...realized I didn't have to. If I stepped just right and suggested it, I could be there without being there."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"What's her name, Sayuel? She seems to have undergone similar training to you," Seira muses. "I looked around for solutions, when I realized your problem was so serious. But I never heard of her doing that, so this is probably related to Beyond."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

"What's the range on it?" Alicia asks. "It looked more like when someone moves around under the effect of time stop magic."

Anastasia

"About as far as I can move under pressure in battle," Oberuth says, a blink and he's back in his chair. He closes his eyes, blowing out a breath. "I don't like it, but it's not magic. It's just...." a trail off, "If you know what to say, it's like the distance is soft like clay, and you can move it aside."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"That's pretty useful! Hey, try bringing me along when you do that?"

Anastasia

With a ghost of a smile, "It works best if I carry you," he says, "You can't be moving at all on your own or you'll be left behind." Oberuth rises and comes over besides you.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Sure thing! I'm pretty light!"

Anastasia

Oberuth scoops you up bridal style without any difficulty before - it's just being in one place a moment and in another the next. No sensation of moving, nothing. Just here to there.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia's head turns to follow them. "Does it strain you much to use or can you do it over and over?"

Corwin

"Try it again while I put up antimagic and block all dimensional travel?" Seira suggests, indeed ensuring that and signaling to Oberuth.

Anastasia

"None at all, no more than saying something," Oberuth says, "What startles me is how easy it is to tell reality to move, and it listens. ...is that how wizards feel when they can teleport with barely an effort?"
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

After a moment, it happens again - neither antimagic or the block impede it at all. It happens in spite of them.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Wizards and outsiders, sure," Seira agrees, brushing past her spells to land on her feet back at their original position. "That's a useful trump card for you!"

Anastasia

"It's not doing what the Far Realm does to everything around it?" he asks, keeping his voice low. "I've seen no sign of it, but did either of you?"
<Afina> Forever.