News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Island raiser

Started by Anastasia, January 08, 2019, 01:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"Well, what do you think we could offer to your Court? I'd be foolish to offer things with no limit or frame work."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

The rainforest around you is humid, tropical, hazes of people passing by to classes. Amid this Morwel's voice is gentle, "Child, this is your offer. Tell me what you have to offer."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"I'd like us to exchange information and the knowledge in our libraries. Yours is far more extensive than ours, so this deal is in our favor. To off set that, I'm offering access to our abilities. Our mages specialize and study each school of magic; each has a branch dedicated to that school. This means we tend to be able to conduct research and experiment in a much more structured and logic manner than a typical mage who has to study everything at once. We've structured our education to focus on strengths and then expand into other things.

This also allows us to group and share experiment facilities, results, and materials. An experiment that would normally take a single mage working by himself years of work to gather things for can be done far more quickly.

This consolidation of effort allows for things to move faster than normal. Your mages and scholars can have access to us to advance their knowledge and experiments. We each would gain insights based on our differences, advancing both.

Additionally, to speak to the further alliance I hope for in the future, it allows us to integrate our people's more than almost any other nation. Typically, humans and most fey come into conflict at a certain point; humans expand in ways that tend to destroy. As a first step to combat this, I've recruited a Druid I hope will found a branch and influence the development of societal expansion. A second step was to reach out to a group of sea nixie's that revealed themselves recently. I hope this will be a third step."

Anastasia

Her Majesty laughs - again a gorgeous sound, as you rest in your quarters. "A worthy third step, because the third step is the most important of them all, and quite a vast one."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa tries to run that through, figuring that the number three has some imoortance to the fey.

"It is quite a large one, but we've made some similar strides recently. We're in the process of declaring ourselves a new nation, and we've made an alliance with The Red Knight."

Anastasia

Gimme Diplo, just for reference?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Diplo/Cunning Knowledge:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 5 + 63, total 68[/blockquote]

Anastasia

"You are ambitious," The Queen notes at that. "You strive."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Most humans I know do, but thank you. It's part of how I got to where I am. I do try to make it so that others benefit as well. I've read enough about ambitious people achieving much, only to lose the ability to care about those around them, and that leading to ruin."

Anastasia

You drift. You're home again, your body that of a child. You feel the years of childhood come rushing back, gentle times before all began to go wrong. You feel sleepy and content, in that singular way you feel after a long day of carefree playing.

"To maintain a heart free of the callouses of ambition and power is an eternal struggle," Queen Morwel says. "For once a heart hardens, it is the work of a lifetime to soften it once more."

A moment, a chill of winter passing over you.

"What will you do when you face hearts so hardened by ambition, Alyssa?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"What I can. I can't possibly know what that situation will bring, or that what I choose to do will bring me through it, but I have no doubts I will do everything that I can. My power grows, my allies grow, and my reasons to stand against those with such hearts grow. I'll do everything I can to make the best decision when it comes time for it."

Anastasia

"Then I will send someone to your world," Queen Morwel declares, "To judge your worthiness and advise me on your request."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "Not entirely unexpected. Possibly helpful to get the sea nixies to befriend us. Might I ask who you plan to send?"

Anastasia

"I have not decided, but perhaps someone who will get along with dear Emily." The world is warmer now, comfortable as haze overtakes you, all seeming to fade into dreams.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Yes, she speaks quite fondly of you. She was very much looking forward to seeing you again."