News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Island raiser

Started by Anastasia, January 08, 2019, 01:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"Is it that they do not know it, or that they encompass both, and neutrality? In any case, Io's direction was that I learn them with Moore."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"I can try and teach you, but I do not know if you can. You are not one of the righteous, you would normally have no chance and merely speaking the words could be your death," Xandra confesses. "But in your case...it may be possible for you to develop some of it. I know not."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa considers.

"What part of being righteous causes the Words to function? What is the mechanism by which it functions?"

Nephrite

"I have an idea." Moore says, withdrawing his new flute.

"This has the power to make the seemingly impossible a bit less so." He explains. "I can try and use it for this purpose, but I warn you that it'll likely still take time and probably a bit of luck."

Anastasia

"The Words of Creation draw on what is good," Xandra explains, "Your flute may well help, Moore."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I'd like to think I have a fair amount of good in my soul."

Anastasia

"It takes more than that," Xandra says, "In your hearts of hearts, are you dedicated to doing good, above and beyond anything else? Are you driven to crusade against evil, to see even one life improved in exchange for your own, if needs must?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"In my heart of hearts... I am dedicated to the freedom of choice for all. To their equity of chance and choice. That all lives should have the freedom to improve themselves as much as they desire with no chains of birth or place. And the freedom of consequence for those choices, in equal measure."

Anastasia

Xandra considers, "Freedom from consequence or the freedom to see and deal with the consequences of your actions?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Consequence is equally important. Without failure, without pain, one cannot learn wisdom or to value things."

Anastasia

"...I will teach you the most fundamental basics, and we will see if you can learn them safely," Xandra finally decides. "It will not be without risk."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa raises an eyebrow.

"We're trying to stop Shar, who is empowered enough to threaten all of creation. I believe, at this point, breathing is risky, considering some of the spells I can cast, much less her. But I thank you for your concern and intent. Thank you for your willingness to try."

Anastasia

Xandra returns it, "Our lives are not without risk, but there is no reason to be uniformed. I would not like to have your death on my soul if this goes wrong and you did not know it could happen."

"Yeah, and she's the type to haunt you, anyway," Jarem says with a growing smile. "Lots of haunting."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"He's worried about it because he knows his mouth has caused me the most reason to do."

Anastasia

Jarem looks to Moore, "Lots of haunting," he repeats to him. "Loooots."
<Afina> Forever.