News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Island raiser

Started by Anastasia, January 08, 2019, 01:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

> roll 1d20+44+22 K:A/Cunning Knowledge
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 67 > [d20=1]
> roll 1d20+56+22 Spellcraft/Cunning Knowledge
<Penuche> Iddy invokes Penuche's magic: < 85 > [d20=7]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

The two of you work, "Interesting, interesting," The Professor says as he works, branches shaking. He pulls a book from somewhere amid his leaves and opens it up, a pair of spectacles appearing over his eyes. "Well, I can confirm the hypothesis is correct. Normally combining even faint amounts of law and chaos is doomed to fail, but this is so trace and yet energized that it's producing a relatively stable effect."

"Which means?" Lord Melweather asks, standing there as the Professor reads.

"Something empowered you. It seems accidental from what I can tell, the energy's wild. I suppose it could have been a wild mage or a particularly unruly fey, have you dated a nymph and it ended badly, or a dryad?" The Professor muses aloud, "Anything like that?"

"No." A shake of his head, "Nothing like that."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa considers. "What about places of power? Or ritual? A Grove or old temple?"

Anastasia

"Not impossible, but they'd need to be strong," The Professor says, "Have you visited anything like that?"

A headshake again, "Nothing that I knew was bewitched."

A hum at that, long and low, "Magic unknown certainly isn't impossible," The Professor goes on, "And with the results being hidden from scrying, we can only speculate as to the root cause but instead try and deal with the effect."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "We can. I think it's a fascinating ability. I'd love to replicate it for myself. But I assume Lord Melweather would prefer sealing it, or at least have control."

Anastasia

"Sealing it would be the easiest," The Professor says, "One unlikely to be undone in the time he has left in his mortal life." Waggling a branch, a magnifying glass falls into  a smaller branch, curling around it like a hand and bringing it to the Professor's eye, letting him study Melweather in close. "Controling it could be possible but could be the work of a lifetime. Copying it...mmmm. Copying it, you say? As in a spell or more directly?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"In a perfect scenario, as an ability but with control. Spells can be dispelled, but that's preferable to nothing. Lord Melweather's range for it was quite impressive."

Anastasia

"It would be a long shot," The Professor says, "And I would need regular samples of Lord Melweather's blood, as well as some funds to cover the expenses of trying."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Would you be willing, Lord Melweather? I would cover the costs, of course."

Anastasia

"I don't know," Lord Melweather frowns, "Isn't blood a powerful reagent? I recall reading that in my studies. People can find you with your blood."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"It can be done, yes. If you'd like, I can take the samples myself to ensure their safety. To include the healing."

Anastasia

Lord Melweather is silent, perhaps considering your offer.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"If you have concerns, please speak them. You've been good to my family, so I'd like to alleviate them."

Anastasia

"Is this...tree trustworthy?" Lord Melweather asks, plainly, eyeing him. "I hardly know you."

The Professor chuckles, "So you don't. Nor do I know Alyssa greatly, but she still brought you to me. That says everything."

Meanwhile Jarem and Emily watch, mostly staying out of this.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"It's more based on reputation of his host. Queen Morwel is... Above reproach. Emily and her family know her well. For him to be part of her court, housed here in her home speaks a great deal about him. His actions would reflect directly on the Court here, much like the master librarian would in, say, Langersun's court."