News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Home again

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 12:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

forgot to channel, add a maximised vampiric touch for 60 more damage per hit, 120 on crits.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+34 : 4 + 34, total 38[/blockquote]

Ebiris

that was the SR roll, add 3 more for spell power.

Anastasia

The barrage of blows is nigh overwhelming - and healing magic flows outward to mend him as you plummel him down, leaving him staggering. He tries to rise from it but pitches over, going still. A moment later a great fountain of spellfire and magical energy erupts from him all about, cascading upward like an eruption.

Free act.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

[15:30] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+50 spellcraft
[15:30] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 62 > [d20=12]

What's with the fountain?

Anastasia

Analyzing it, you find yourself frowning. Within is an incredibly, powerfully elaborate spell weave. The raw knowledge, skills and ability of a great champion was somehow fused into the elf's soul. Now that a preset condition has been fulfilled, it is discharging in a burst of powerful magic, fading before your eyes and leaving the elf.

If this is not the work of a deity, then you are facing a spellcaster or creature of sublime skill and power.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Hold a moment, sister," Alicia says, magic coursing through her as she studies this magic in more detail.

[15:54] <@Ebiris> roll 1d20+85 spellcraft using divine insight and guidance of the avatar, DC 85 to discover caster. Takes one minute of study.
[15:54] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 96 > [d20=11]

Anastasia

Jessica holds. The magic fades - but lasts long enough. You get the name of the spellcaster: Violet.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Wasn't that balor Marie killed blessed with a spell from Violet as well?

"One of the radiant sisters empowererd him beyond all reason," Alicia says, her voice for Jessica's ears alone as she now picks up the fallen elf. "Are you alright?"

Anastasia

The elf is out cold.

Jessica takes a breath, "I'm fine, sister," she says, "It was a fell strike, but sending me to rest may have prevented a disaster." With a long, deep breath, hand curled tight around her rapier, "This is personal."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"There could be others. I'll place him in a dungeon and Naeys can go through his mind after the battle. Stay on guard, Jessica," Alicia says before she teleports to one of Sylica's high security dungeons, handing him to the wardens who'll have him stripped and searched thoroughly before put into prison clothes and confined under their best security.

Anastasia

Meanwhile...

You can see Latha and the balor clash - holy power slams the balor back from above, leaving him tattered and boiling but unbowed. Demons rush into help, Latha's light incinerating the least of them and burning the lesser. The charge is checked, bombardment and warriors doing the rest. By all rights, as long as Latha finishes off Hyl, this is going your way.

Back to the avatar.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It's important for morale and their image that Latha defeats that balor by herself, so Alicia leaves her to it unless the situation turns dire and she asks for aid. She keeps her focus on the battle at large, directing her forces where to strike for best effect, exhorting them to keep up their morale, and anchoring their battle-line.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+33
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 34 > [d20=1]

> roll 4d10+124+3d6
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 161 > [d10=7,5,9,6][d6=3,2,5]

Latha falls back and hurls more magic, the heat around the balor draining - yet nothing happens as it charges with a bestial roar, longsword slashing Latha's chest, drawing radiant blood as she holds position. Her front is blood splattered now but it's not a truly deep wound, bleeding but not decisive. The rest of the charge is slowly breaking, keeping up less and less under assault, demons crumbling before it all.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

That's a pretty bad wound but Latha can take more so Alicia lets her carry on with it. Actually she better spare some attention just for blocking off the detonation when Hyl dies so she's half-prepared to throw up some quickened walls of force between him and her battle-line if Latha strikes a fatal blow.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+33
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 43 > [d20=10]
> roll 20d6
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 66 > [d6=4,2,6,3,3,6,5,3,4,1,4,5,3,2,1,6,3,2,2,1]
> roll 99*2
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 198 >
> roll 1d20+40
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 49 > [d20=9]

> roll 1d20+30
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 45 > [d20=15]
> roll 1d20+36 fort
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 52 > [d20=16]

Latha falls back and gestures, vivacious flames erupting around the balor. At the same time it gestures even as it burns, shuddering - before a moment later it explodes as Latha holds her ground, walls of force blocking the blast. Whew!
<Afina> Forever.