Home again

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 12:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"Valora, Sylica's gateway to the mighty Oceanus!" Alicia seconds, her own voice carrying.

Anastasia

Your voice carries far as does Syala's, a cheer going up amid your gathered vassals and servants.

Galas bows deeply, "Then I will show you all we have, though we are only still at the beginning." Taking to the air, he leads you to the bay and the harbor under construction. Ships are in the bay beyond as, "We will make this a bay large enough to hold a mighty navy," he declares, "It is fortunate that many of our faithful from your world know of the city of Balmuria, my Queen. The geography of this place resembles it."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

"The geography of Balmuria did make it ideal as a trading port and conflux for travellers and goods alike," Alicia agrees, and while Valora might not have quite the same advantages in terms of where it sits between other nations and geographic features, it doesn't really need them either.

Anastasia

Coincidence or our will shaping things to what we know?

Aloud, Syala speaks, "You're taking measures to maximize the terrain advantages?"

"We will have aerial lifts, for when we must deploy more ships than the opening into the greater oceans allow. We have invited sea elves to come here and establish themselves if they like, as it has worked well for Balmuria and they are all about the River Oceanus." Galas explains, "We are gathering celestial dolphins as well, along with those of us with a bend for water magic. This harbor shall prosper." Then turning back and pointing - amid the warehouses being built is a large empty lot, "We shall make a university there, one dedicated to teaching the ways of the oceans and seas, of ships and water. Valora will be the heart that pumps life into Sylica's navies, my queens."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

A bay is hardly unique, but yes I was thinking of Balmuria when we had our recent expansion.

"It is good," she says for mortal ears. "Balmuria never had much of a navy, but its fishing fleet was productive."

Anastasia

"There are fish aplenty," Galas agrees, "Though our fisheries will be on the coasts beyond this, since military need isn't important for them."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"No, and most of us don't need to eat either," Alicia agrees. "It is nice, though."

Anastasia

Taking to the air after that, "Beyond that will be houses and homes, barracks, all the things that make a city, stretching out away from the ocean. We're establishing those later, once we have the harbor finished, so we have little there so far."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Are people here staying in temporary dwellings here for now or teleporting back and forth between home and work?" Alicia asks rather than find out via deific means.

Anastasia

"Both," Galas says, "As needed."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I see," Alicia says.

Anastasia

"I think that's enough," Syala smiles, "Get back to it, this is going well." At that Galas bows and hurries off and with a blink, the two of you are away and in the sky, Valora in the distance.

"A fine start," she says, "Now the part you'll enjoy - I really will like seeing your disguise."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Do you want to go with a particular theme?" Alicia asks. She does enjoy wearing different looks, it's true.

Anastasia

"We can," Syala says, "You take the initiative here, dear. You enjoy playing dress up so." Her smile is rather wide and inviting.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia's panoply of magical items vanish and she herself shrinks to take on the guise of a coure eladrin, one with a waifish figure and long lime green hair, wearing what looks like pink pajamas. "Since Marie's been promoted I'll pay some homage to her old form," she says in a voice higher pitched than how she usually speaks.