News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Getting the band together

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Seira nods, raising to her feet. "Since there are no more questions, the two of us will be departing at once. Sanzha, I believe that Lady Honeydip should attempt the transformation with you, so perhaps it might be good to share the insights with her. It also occurs to me that we learn to understand something a great deal more as we teach it to others, so we preserve the truth about Io and our task while still advancing the cause of a good ally and friend. Please give me a time estimate by my return."

She smiles at her daughter, saying, "Emily, please come back once you've thoughts things through. With things being as they are, you may be forced to step onto the planar stage after all. I would wish for you to be as ready as possible."

Then, she waits for Kascha to pronounce her readiness before transporting the two of them back to Io.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Thanks, Mom," Emily says, "I have a lot to think and talk about, but..." Shaking her head, "I thought worrying about those leviathans was enough!"

Kascha looks up, "Uh...c-can we take a second?" she asks. "You want me to ascend, Seira? Me? Um....isn't Donald or Elle a better choice? Why me?" Brushing her nose off after that face plant, "I'd just like to know why me."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

It really wasn't, though Seira nods at Emily. Giving her time and space is what is needed right now.

At Kascha's question, she says, "A short while ago, when I announced my plans for the planes, the abolition chief amongst them, I said that Amaryl's ascension was not the last. We were establishing a pantheon of our own, and for those interested to step up. It just so happens the next one is you, not Sanzha. As for why you specifically, having another fire-themed deity on our side right now is a good idea, and of us all you are the worst candidate for the One transformation, as it's not for everyone. Also, you are the only one at present without a power boost, and we're going to change that. Don't overthink it. Just step up and do it, like you had when I called you back, and like you had when you came across Aurora's path."

Anastasia

Okay, go ahead and gimme a Diplo check? It's a situation where seeing how powerful your words are can be helpful.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

22:22 <CC> roll 1d20+55+4+15
22:22 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 88 > [d20=14]

+10 from Voice of the Dragon, so 98

Anastasia

"Oh.

Oh.

OH."

Kascha takes all that in and nods, "O-okay, Seira. I trust you. Even when I don't trust myself." She stands up, "So lead me on."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira takes her hand, and with a smile at Amaryl transports the two of them.

Also, for the record, while giving the infodump to people I would've let them know how to find Io's realm. This is mostly for Emily's benefit.

Anastasia

I assumed that, yes.

You find the entrance to Io's realm as you left it before. Kascha looks about, letting you lead her along for now.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"He promised us that the maze and its defenders would not hold us back this time around," Seira tells Kascha, leading her inside.

Anastasia

A step forward and you are before Io once more.

Kascha eeps softly before bowing, "L-Lord Io!"

The dragon leaaaaans in, examining Kascha with an eye so vast is it surely larger than even a dozen Hannas atop Baleruk. "You smell of Baleruk among others," he notes, retreating back. "You are familiar with that and other things, for you have studied the ways of the wyrm. Admirable."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Kascha loves research, and her favorite topic is dragons. I think she would make a lovely deity~"

Anastasia

"Then come," Io declares, the divine seed glowing bright and brighter before you, appearing. "Come claim what is given to you, Kascha."

Kascha stares ahead in silent awe and then takes a step forward. Another. Another. She stands before it, "What a miracle," she murmurs, slowly reaching out to touch it, fingers gently caressing the surface. And in that instant - !

The light almost bowls you over, so bright and intense in that moment, and when it is left behind, Kascha is more. Radiantly more, more and more and more yet, like an inferno lit anew.

Kascha gains DvR0.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira beams at the Cauldron's newest deity!

Anastasia

The seed's light dims slightly, but is still radiant as Kascha takes but a step back. "This is spectacular," she breathes out. "Unthinkable!"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Inconceivable?" Seira asks innocently.