News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Getting the band together

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"E-efreet," The scout replies, "That's all I saw before retreating."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"How far are they?" Seira repeats as she heads out to meet the enemy forces.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Not close and not far, but advancing. The ways of the Astral are hazy, ma'am." The scout says.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

If the efreet are obliging her by advancing in a massive army, Seira intends to teach them that it is a losing proposition. She advances into the Astral, confident in the strength of the Cauldron's defenses. True seeing and other means of perception extended to two miles in the distance, she seeks to answer her questions on the enemy army's composition and distance while also checking whether some part of it is illusional.

Anastasia

Thus your army advances out - and as you do, you see them ahead. A vast force, vast and vast and vast, divine vision letting you perceive them. A truly massive hoard, more coming every moment.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Await your sign and then proceed after me, Seira instructs her army's commanders. They will know it, she is certain.

Since the army is real, there is only one thing to do! Seira zooms towards it with speed and agility only another deity or a legendary hero may perceive, and violently explodes!

I will use an extremely large radius spell once I'm in the midst of their army and mine is safely far away. Let's resolve my approach and then I'll explode in glorious fire?

Corwin

Incidentally, I'd like to use stealth with the specialized spells boosting it. Is that possible?

Anastasia

Give me a caster level check on true seeing, first of all.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20 : 3, total 3[/blockquote] add 33

Anastasia

FYI, feel free for people to roll for you if you're having problems. It's no issue at all.

As you advance forward, closer in a blur and within range of true seeing? It is all a shadowy mass. The soldiers become little more than phantasms of dimness, a great hoard of the dark.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira tries to estimate the spell level that would be needed for something like that. Meanwhile, she relays her findings to Amaryl and the others, advancing as if she had seen nothing out of the ordinary while preparing to dispel the effect once she is within range.

Anastasia

Something beyond the 9th circle for sure, as well as powerful control. Like a master of quasi real illusions or similar things.

Chance to react in case that changes the calculus here, as it's a big situation so I'll give you the extra chance before we plunge into this.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira transitions from an unaware advance to throwing out a powerful dispel in the blink of an eye!

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+45 : 19 + 45, total 64[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Before your eyes the armies gathered barely have a chance to react before you soar forward. Your power is sufficient, magic crumbling, legions vanishing before your eyes. Shadowy illusions dissolve into the Silver Sea, your foe collapsing via your magic.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira keeps moving, seeking out actual enemies to face.

taking 10 for perception 102 with a range of 2 miles