"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Getting the band together

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+21 Fort
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+21 Fort --> [ 1d20=3 ]{24}

Constructs hate Fort saves when you can force them to make one.

And thus a huge chunk of stone, of rock and of the dragon are gone. You can see it now amid the sudden clearing - a titanic shape of boiling magma, great hunks of it gone, the entire thing riddled with holes. It is in the form of a dragon, its back and tail to you at the moment. Above you and around you there is a tremendous groan, of the burning earth and flame, getting louder by the moment.

Anything else this turn?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

What the hell does it take-- Seira stops time.

Two massive fireballs are primed to explode as time resumes, bursting with goldenfire and ranging across three miles in diameter. As it happens, Seira wills for there to be a large amount of support beams just between the dragon and the mines.

Two more fireballs join their brethren a moment later, weaker but still as far-reaching, even Seira uses her divine power once more, except this time to support the foundation. It might be collapsing, but if by some stroke of luck it could hold out for a few more moments....

And just as time resumes, Seira transports herself to a point above the dragon!

20:50 <CC> roll 1d4+1
20:50 <Kobot> CC rolled 1d4+1 --> [ 1d4=1 ]{2}

21:02 <CC> roll 5#1d20+47 SR
21:02 <Kobot> CC rolled 5#1d20+47 SR --> [ 1d20=2 ]{49}, [ 1d20=13 ]{60}, [ 1d20=11 ]{58}, [ 1d20=1 ]{48}, [ 1d20=4 ]{51}

I had one less action than I thought, so please only take the first four SR rolls.

Round 0: Quickened Time Stop
Round 1: Quickened Widened Maximized Twinned Delayed Blast Fireball x2, supports for the foundations of the mine via emulations of Fabricate or Wall of Stone/Iron, whichever makes sense

Damage of 240 goldenfire, Ref DC 46 half for Fireball #1
Damage of 240 goldenfire, Ref DC 46 half for Fireball #2

Round 2: Quickened Widened Maximized Delayed Blast Fireball x2, supports for the foundations of the mine via divine power of hoping for a favorable outcome

Damage of 120 goldenfire, Ref DC 45 half for Fireball #1
Damage of 120 goldenfire, Ref DC 45 half for Fireball #2

Round 0, time resumes: teleport up to a spot above the dragon.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+23 Ref constructs still suck at saves
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 Ref constructs still suck at saves --> [ 1d20=19 ]{42}
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 Ref constructs still suck at saves --> [ 1d20=13 ]{36}
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 Ref constructs still suck at saves --> [ 1d20=7 ]{30}
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+23 Ref constructs still suck at saves --> [ 1d20=7 ]{30}

The burst of golden flames burn even the boiling adamantine. Below, you see the dragon break apart, a great sea of boiling adamantine gushing down, pouring down as everything above groans - but at least for now, your supports are holding. The new chasm beneath the mine is now rapidly filling with liquid adamantine. You won!

Free act. Well done indeed.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira decides not to waste all that adamantine, and gives the coordinates to her avatar. Elle will be asked to open portals below the lake and towards one of the Cauldron's secure vaults.

For her part, she stops time again and spends a few moments on boosting the supports, and makes her way towards one of the groups she divined earlier just before time resumes. There, she immediately begins shuffling people to Amaryl.

21:23 <CC> roll 1d4+1
21:23 <Kobot> CC rolled 1d4+1 --> [ 1d4=1 ]{2}

Two rounds of 5 actions where Seira adds supports, reinforces the ground and takes care of internal stability for the time being. The sixth action is transporting herself to one of the remaining groups.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

No sound of immediate reinforcements or teleports in. You reach the first group and portal them through, then another.

Plan to get all of them back by hook or by crook?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Indeed. With Lagann and Oraga helping speed it up.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 71, total 71[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Everything seems to be holding up as you rescue the slaves, no meaningful opposition left - or so it seems.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anything of note, Darling? Seira asks Amaryl. If an infiltrator managed to sneak into the groups of rescuees, there is information about something useful Seira can pick up while here, now's the time!

As she waits on the answer, Seira runs another sweep of the complex with her emulation of find the path and other similar divinations adjusted to work on detecting slaves. A second sweep is run simultaneously with it, this one looking for any efreet and other jailers still alive, since Seira doesn't want to collapse the mines on anyone her friends knocked out without tossing them into jail.

Two swifts, and a standard for Sonorous Hum to help maintain concentration. If no results come this round that change the situation, I'll collapse my supports and head home with Lagann and Oraga.

Anastasia

You look like you've managed a clean sweep.

'We have it in hand and are doing it - two infiltrators that we've found. We're working through them while insuring the victims are not further traumatized.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira sends Lagann and Oraga ahead, before using her divine will to collapse her constructed supports for the foundations and further aiding the collapse along by a generous serving of earthquake.

Then, as things take their course, she transports herself to the Cauldron.

I'm pretty fast so I should win init against such a collapse.

Anastasia

Indeed you will. Congratulations.

We'll do a little bit of wrap up here and get to level ups shortly.

Thus Seira returns home. To a great military cheer from her assembled warriors and faithful, to Amaryl's radiant smile and the words of your friends. As you see to all of that, "I have this in hand, though we're checking in case of deep infiltrators or those who may somehow elude our detections."
<Afina> Forever.