News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Homefront

Started by Anastasia, March 14, 2019, 11:10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

And yet Seira gracefully avoids the charge, the remnant of the ship missing as it barrels past you again and then...

Round 3 of 4. Go.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Seira casts another Many Moments of Prescience spell to ward her, and then tries to see whether she can attempt to manipulate the Sky Flower through Miracle to shoot Light-themed fireballs this time!

Imix's Touch continues to burn:
18:58 <CC> roll 41d12
18:58 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 239 > [41d12=239]

Sky Flower!
18:58 <CC> roll 15d6
18:58 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 51 > [d6=3,5,3,3,3,5,2,3,1,5,3,5,3,6,1]
Ref DC47 half, save made at -6

I'll use my last action once this resolves.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Are you aiming to mimic any particular spell here or what? Are you trying to add the light descriptor to the spell, mechanically?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The latter, yes. Incantatrix stuff can affect already-cast spells, and metamagic can possibly do this pre-casting. I'm hoping between Miracle, divine powers (Wish-lite), innate control over fire and presumed innate control over light (that's more a Jaela or Alicia thing but I presume can't be that hard once you've gotten a foot in the door) I could work something out. That, in turn, will give me a round's worth of lvl13 Light spell to hit the darkness with.

Anastasia

This is one of those cases that's really RAW borderline, so I took a few minutes thinking of it, but I'll allow it. There's spells like Syllen's Switch and that's reachable for a wish/miracle anyway, so I think it's doable.

Glinting bright fireballs of light erupt out, shredding the darkness as the front of the ship burns. It crackles before collapsing, falling apart utterly as you stand there. You did it!

You have a round left in time stop.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira spends her last action the previous round prepping a delayed blast fireball to use on the army once time unfreezes. Are we moving into the next round now? I'm unclear whether there's anything left in init.

If I killed everything then I'll just add 3 more delayed blast fireballs for the army.

Anastasia

There is not. Gimme damage and DCs on the fireballs?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Once time unfreezes, Sky Flower fireballs and regular ones decimate the army some more!

Sky Flower, 100ft radius
20:08 <CC> roll 15d6
20:08 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 49 > [d6=1,6,3,6,5,3,1,1,2,2,3,2,3,6,5]s
Ref DC47 half, save made at -6

Delayed Blast Fireballs, 20ft radius
20:10 <CC> roll 4#1d20+50 SR
20:10 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 56, 68, 62, 57 >
20:10 <CC> roll 4#20d6
20:10 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 79, 79, 61, 68 >
Ref DC48 half

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+53 vs Seira 20 finishing
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 71 > [d20=18]
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 59 > [d20=6]
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 59 > [d20=6]
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 61 > [d20=8]
> roll 1d20+28 vs SR
> roll 1d20+28 vs SR
> roll 1d20+28 vs SR
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 39 > [d20=11]
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 29 > [d20=1]
> roll 1d20+28 vs SR
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 45 > [d20=17]
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 37 > [d20=9]

Assaults from all directions. A mortal hero would be dead in a moment. Even many great heroes would be dragged down, but Seira is more. She is surrounded increasingly by the moment in all directions as the broken remnants of the ship plummet out of sight, striking daemons as they fall. They're starting to tense, starting to advance now, close in on you.

Great hordes of fiends, of masked or robed figures, faces hidden. So many hidden, save for weapons. Miserable things, shadowed things that loom ahead in open malice. The air grows thick with the scent of fetid water, rotting meat and pus. It is a choking miasma, the Silver Sea more and more blotted out by the advance.

Go.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Any change back at the Cauldron? Seira asks Kascha. And how goes Lady Honeydip's pursuit?

Meanwhile, Seira is all too happy to take advantage of her draconic form and the instant defeat of such worthy opponents by terrifying the enemy!

Frightful Presence Will DC is 36, Intimidate is at +70 (+4 for every size category my Gargantuan self is bigger than them, and I'll add +30 from MMoP since it seems to be an opposed check).

Anastasia

We're holding up well, Seira. Lady Honeydip's doing well, though moving slowly to avoid traps and ambush. You're still well ahead of them.

Meanwhile...

A good chunk of this force is immune to fear, but not all. The ones who aren't can't make that roll so no point rolling for intimidate if you want to make that. What level of fear does Frightful Presence induce?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

On a failure, creatures with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds.

I hoped that those immune to fear are logical enough to cut their losses when it became a slog they are losing.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+20 vs will sav epart of the fear combo
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 24 > [d20=4]

I thappens slowly and at once. Elements of the forces skitter back, hisses and whispers as they see Seira's draconic form. It's not all - not even half, but parts begin to fall back, begin to flee. Things hissing in twisted words, looping around and around like a sphere. Parts of them retreat at your power, but some aren't going away - yet. Instead a voice murmurs, freezing all of them and the retreat.

"We will not lose," it declares. "Not to this crumb before us. Strike, strike, strike."

Second Intimidate check, Seira, this is an opposed check.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira sneers at the forces remaining standing against her, even as she explodes in fire that cleanses the immediate area around her. As her body grows too painful to view directly, lightning streams from her out stretched arms, stabbing deeply into dozens of enemies over a thousand feet deep into the army's ranks!

Intimidate it is! (with MMoP again)
21:23 <CC> roll 1d20+100
21:23 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 117 > [d20=17]
Forgot +10 from Voice of the Dragon, so 127 and +4 per size category my Gargantuan self is over them.

Empowered Greater Fireburst, 10ft radius of me
CC> roll 1d20+50 SR
21:27 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 60 > [d20=10]
21:27 <CC> roll 15d8
21:27 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 70 > [d8=4,8,5,7,1,1,2,3,1,8,8,7,6,8,1]
105 damage, Ref DC48

Chain Lightning x2, 2 main targets and 68 secondary ones
21:28 <CC> roll 2#1d20+46 SR
21:28 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 59, 57 >
21:26 <CC> roll 2#20d6
21:26 <CC> roll 2#10d6
21:26 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 79, 66 >
21:26 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 33, 25 >
Ref DC44

Anastasia

Is that the rest of an ongoing turn or starting a new turn there, Seira?

> roll 1d20+98 (wow close, +32 various)
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 102 > [d20=4]

<Afina> Forever.