News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Visitors

Started by Anastasia, May 09, 2019, 12:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

For my own reference, refresh me on what Tryll knows IC about what's going on?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Per the Obviously Not A Messenger Old Guy, we've got to get stronger, find 21, find Alyssa, and kill Shar. That's about the extent of it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"We have many tasks, all a part of one overarching task," Latha finally says, "As well as support from on high. Have you experienced this support directly, feelings of connections to others?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Minute connections to those here, culminating in significant boosts in their personal power? Yes.' Tryll agrees.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Good," Latha says, "Those boosts will continue as long as you accomplish your goals and strive forward."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Who or what is causing them?'

Anastasia

"Zaphkiel." Latha says it plainly, "The Seventh and Highest of the Hebdomad."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Not someone who generally answers questions, right. Okay. Not who I expected. Wow.' Tryll sounds impressed.

Anastasia

As Miranda stares a moment in unhidden shock, Latha merely clears her throat.

"For the Highest of the Hebdomad to do such a thing is unheard of. Do you begin to grasp the gravity of the situation we find ourselves in, Tryll?" Latha asks, though not unkindly. She glances at Calleigh, sleeping away throughout this. "She may become a part of this as well. This will be no easy road, no road for a child to walk." Then, with a twist of her lips into a frown, "But she would not be the first child involved in these matters."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Calleigh can handle it. She's tougher than she looks. She wouldn't be here if she couldn't.' Tryll says reassuringly, 'Besides, you really think you could stop her for very long?'

Anastasia

To this Latha merely nods. "Yes. If I must, I would and could. Bad enough one child has this laid on them. Tell me, did you know Sylvie from Aurora? Did you know her well enough to know about her son, Calley?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Don't underestimate a courre or their craftiness. Besides, your time is better spent on other things.' Tryll replies with a mental sort-of-snort, 'And while I've conversed with Sylvie in the past, I've only heard mention of her child once or twice.'

Anastasia

Miranda seems content to listen, or at least wise enough to. She stays quiet.

Latha goes on from there, "His name is Calley and shortly after Sylvie vanished, he showed a sudden mastery of all the magic, fighting ability and talents she accrued over her lifetime. He has the powers and talent of a grandmaster, hands able to slay more surely than a dozen swords and magic of all kinds at his fingertips. He is also not even ten years old. His current idea of entertainment is visiting afterlives and conversing with deities."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'The planes get stranger every day.' Tryll says, 'What of it?'

Anastasia

"A child should not have that power, but that aside," Latha pushes on, "Do you not find it unusual that a child suddenly has all of his mother's ability and talents, seemingly from nothing?"
<Afina> Forever.