News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

The Battle of Father and Son

Started by Anastasia, May 16, 2019, 02:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Enough, Imix! Seira's voice echoes across the battlefield. You think this will cause me to falter? This great army, now left in ashes before me? Is this it, after all your fiery bluster? Come face me yourself, or be forever branded a coward across Fire!

Seira scoffs, transporting herself back to her starting point a few hundred feet ahead of her friends even as the rest of her challenge carries behind her. You know where to find me.

I'd be happy if Elle were to cast Epic Mage Armor upon me once I return.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Did it work?" Donald asks as Elle fulfills your request, while Ranbar gasps suddenly,before suddenly - !!!

> roll 1d20+103 (+5 ???, +3 recitation, +12 ???)
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 109 > [d20=6]

Touch AC?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Not that. I'm not flatfooted, so no perception? Also, is it a ranged attack or a spell?

Anastasia

Ranged attack and it was hidden from you somehow or another.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

If the Aegis can try to deflect that, great. If not, let's take the hit and go into init.

Anastasia

Sure, make the roll? I'd assume this beats most sort of things like this, but I'd allow something like the Aegis to apply.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

22:48 <CC> roll 1d100 1-50 miss
22:48 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 97 > [d100=97]

The dragons have spoken.

My coming init!
22:49 <CC> roll 1d20+24
22:49 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 43 > [d20=19]

Anastasia

> roll 25d12 ow
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 171 > [d12=1,12,12,11,3,10,2,9,2,7,4,5,6,4,10,7,2,10,12,2,8,6,4,10,12]

DR does not apply, you take the full damage.

And before you ask, what the divine blast looks like is up to the deity, it doesn't impact that it's divine damage and isn't subject to energy resistance, even if the deity chooses to have it look like energy damage.

Agony flares as a flash of pure flame strikes you like a savage backhand, jerking your head back and leaving you momentarily reeling. Blood pools in your mouth as your cheeks burn, your entire essence shuddering from that one blow.

Empty bravado does nothing to save you from death, Seira. You know you're nothing but a candle compared to my bonfire. You know that you're quivering behind hopeful plots and desperate strategies, that no matter how many of mine that you slay, that this can only end in one way. Like Zaaman Rul, you are NOTHING BEFORE ME!

> roll 1d20+53
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 63 > [d20=10]

Imix (63) > Seira (43)

If Imix is doing something you can't tell, so go ahead and do whatever it is you're going to do in response.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Let it be known far and wide! Seira proclaims, healing herself with a thought and warding herself from magic at the same time. The brave and gallant Imix responded to my challenge of facing me after I crushed his army by shooting at me from extreme range. Sadly, it wasn't very effective, but at least his words are very strong! Truly, a bonfire of boundless courage burns within Imix's noble soul!

After a brief pause, Seira adds, A shame that Imix considers those serving him as sacrifices, but I suppose they've chosen their fate by following such a worthy leader?

I had temp hp, so between that and Heal I'm back to max. Also refreshing Spell Turning and Sign.

Anastasia

Let it be heard that a coward mewls from her hiding place, unable to do anything but talk. A few tinders are thrown and she thinks herself powerful, when she is nothing but a victim of her own arrogance.

Forward, today is the day we burn them all.

Give me a Diplo check here, would you?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

My friend Zaaman Rul is not interested in senseless slaughter or conquest! I stand here, right at the entrance to his realm and no further, to protect it from invasion! Openly, without endangering the common soldiers. You would do well to remember, Imix, that some lies are too transparent to be believed even by your own faithful, however much you might wish it so.

19:15 <CC> roll 1d20+90 (+2 vs men, divine insight)
19:15 <Penuche> CC invokes Penuche's magic: < 109 > [d20=19]

Forgot Voice of the Dragon, so that 119 (121 vs men)

Spoiler: ShowHide
Immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (Mass Death Ward), immunity to poison and fear (Heroes's Feast), energy resistance 30 to fire/cold/acid/elec/sonic (Energy Resistance x5), being a difficult target to divination (Nondetection), becoming impossible to track without magic, and limiting the usefulness of scent (Pass Without Trace), moving and attacking normally everywhere, as well as receiving +15 to CMD vs grapples (Freedom of Movement), being healed with 150hp once if dropped below 0 (Fortunate Fate), reflecting 1d4+6 spell levels of spells that have you as a target and aren't touch spells (Spell Turning), +10 enhancement bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and a really nice and deep commanding voice (Voice of the Dragon), true seeing, +10 to perception and immunity to being dazzled or blinded (Vision of the Omniscient Eye), immediate ability to analyze magic (Greater Arcane Sight) and our favorite combo of detecting when someone's scrying on you and blocking their teleport for 3 rounds any time they try to teleport within a 165ft radius of you.

I also cast the following on myself:
Sensual Blessing, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience, Mind Blank, Bibliotheca Arcana

My numerical benefits:
AC: +14 normal/+9 touch/+17 incorporeal (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin, +8 ghost touch shield)
Attack: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Damage: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Fort and Will Saves: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Ref Save +13 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+92 (+10 ???, +15 ???)
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 96 > [d20=4]

The war of words ripples across the battlefield as abruptly - !

> roll 1d20+103 (+5 ???, +3 recitation, +12 ???)
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 105 > [d20=2]
> roll 1d100 vs 1-50
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 97 > [d100=97]

> roll 25d12
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 154 > [d12=7,11,5,9,2,9,5,10,1,4,1,1,11,2,10,6,3,9,6,6,3,11,4,12,6]

The retort is another blow, this one making you feel burned and ill, as your words echo across the battlefield.

Cowering children can do nothing but shout meaningless defiance. Burn.

Yet the words surely aren't unheard, as...

That had an impact in your favor, just not readily apparent from your immediate position. Just to be clear.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

It is the definition of insanity to try the same thing over and over again while expecting different results, Seira responds in a dry tone, healing herself once more. It certainly burns, Imix got that right, but it's not even a cursed or vile wound, she's had worse burns literally vacationing in volcanoes pre-Ascension. Weren't you going to deal with me and your son once and for all? What's keeping you, besides a fruitless attack of rage?

Heal, again. Then Greater Heroism for some temp hp and I'll drop the invis since it's served its purpose. HP of 623+20/627hp.

Are my allies at max health?

Anastasia

Yes. Give me Perception real quick?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin