The Battle of Father and Son

Started by Anastasia, May 16, 2019, 02:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Enough.

Fly forward, Seira. I await you. You wish so badly to die against me? Come then.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

It's not that I don't believe you... well, alright, it's that I don't believe you, Seira responds, finishing looting the swords and turning to fly back to her friends. I'm heading back to my defensive position, and you're free to make your futile attempt on it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Then stay there as the rest of Zaaman Rul's realm falls, I have no more patience for a petulant child begging for attention.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

How are things going? Seira inquires with Zaaman Rul and Amaryl. The front is pretty taken care of, and Imix is inviting me into an obvious trap. I can just get rid of any other enemies if he's not going to send a serious charge here.

Anastasia

We are holding and doing better - Alicia may yet force away the Grand Sultan and the dao undermining us.

Busy but doing well enough. I have faith you're doing well, my love.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Any preference? I'm here to defend your realm, my friend, so moving away to face Imix will uncover it, especially if he's lying about his willingness to fight me.

Anastasia

Keep him interested, I'm still occupied for the moment. Then we can bait him to his defeat if you aren't enough to get him.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira flashes back to her original position, then crosses the two hundred feet she needs to travel to her friends to avoid getting caught in her own spell. Grabbing hold of Elle, Ranbar and Donald, she asks, "How about heading out to kick Imix's head in?"

Anastasia

Elle breathes out, "Finally. We can make a difference if we defeat him here."

Donald just smiles, "Duh?"

Ranbar takes a breath, "I'll follow you anywhere, Seira."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Remember our prep," Seira tells them, and then she flashes the four of them back to her original position above the slain and looted ooze.

Darling, do you think you could make Ranbar your proxy temporarily? The four of us will head after Imix, she asks Amaryl, letting Donald and Elle go. They can fly pretty well, so she'll carry Ranbar while leading them towards the source of all those angry blasts.

Speaking of Imix, she tells him, I just heard from Zaaman Rul that he kicked your goons all over the place so I'm free to head out and put you down after all! Don't disappoint me after all that teasing~

Anastasia

I can, I'll need to go to her and that won't be right away. Do you have the time?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Probably not. Consider this a failure of planning on my part. No matter, we'll handle this.

Seira decides to cast Fly on Ranbar. With Haste tossed on top of the four of them they could travel at Elle and Donald's top speeds.

Anastasia

Okay, quick check. Any last spells to cast or prep before we hit this?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Sign and Divine Insight are refreshed, as always during a brief lull. Miracle'd Ocular Spell Piercing Cold Orb of Cold x2 precast. Arcane Spellsurge cast. I'm good to go.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Remember the +2 Int/Str from the Surru spells, idiot!

Immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (Mass Death Ward), immunity to poison and fear (Heroes's Feast), energy resistance 30 to fire/cold/acid/elec/sonic (Energy Resistance x5), being a difficult target to divination (Nondetection), becoming impossible to track without magic, and limiting the usefulness of scent (Pass Without Trace), moving and attacking normally everywhere, as well as receiving +15 to CMD vs grapples (Freedom of Movement), being healed with 150hp once if dropped below 0 (Fortunate Fate), reflecting 1d4+6 spell levels of spells that have you as a target and aren't touch spells (Spell Turning), +10 enhancement bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and a really nice and deep commanding voice (Voice of the Dragon), true seeing, +10 to perception and immunity to being dazzled or blinded (Vision of the Omniscient Eye), immediate ability to analyze magic (Greater Arcane Sight) and our favorite combo of detecting when someone's scrying on you and blocking their teleport for 3 rounds any time they try to teleport within a 165ft radius of you.

Extra spells on me:
Sensual Blessing, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience, Mind Blank, Bibliotheca Arcana, Celestial Valor, Glorious Rally, Princess Int, Princess Str, Arcane Thesis, Arcane Spellsurge

My numerical benefits:
AC: +14 normal/+9 touch/+17 incorporeal (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin, +8 ghost touch shield)
Attack: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Damage: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Fort and Will Saves: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Ref Save +13 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)

Anastasia

Thus the four of you fly on. You fly on amid the war, coming deeper and deeper. Soon enough armies surround you - but the evil elementals and minions all stand aside, a path for you to go through. A path deeper and deeper into the flames, which grow darker and closer to black as you go on.

"Here we go," Elle murmurs under her breathe, tense, tight.

Ocular spell what now? Run me through that entire thing there real quick, I haven't see you pull that out yet.
<Afina> Forever.