News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Date night

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You have done a marvelous thing this day. Waukeen shall lose this coming game of bragging over our risen servants.

You can feel real warmth and amusement in Mystra's words, like a sunrise's smile.

I will arrive shortly. I wish to meet Antenora and take her measure, now that she has fully joined us.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

You're always welcome, I'll let her know you're coming.

And she'll do just that, she's had a couple of hours to relax with Marie at least.

Anastasia

How are you doing that?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Anastasia

'Thank you, Alicia.

Is it a formal meeting or a casual meeting? I recall she enjoyed the beach last time, but this strikes me as a more serious matter.'
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

'She's known you for years, Antenora, if she's deciding to take your measure it strikes me as a serious matter,' Alicia cautions telepathically. 'Keep things formal and put your best foot forward. Marie and I will be there to support you.'

Anastasia

'I'll be ready then.'

Any prep for this?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Antenora can pick out a nice spot on the Opal Mountain since that's 'her' spot more than anywhere else in Sylica.

Anastasia

Hidden in one of the many craggy cliffs is a pillared temple - a small one, open air and secluded by tricks of the terrain. Within is polished stone with opal blue accents, the interior of the temple airy and with many tunnels into the roof, leading to various hidden, aerial exits above and to the sides. Beyond that, there is a large pool of water here, seemingly plain on a glance, situated in the center-back of the floor.

Here Antenora awaits in full armor as you feel it - Mystra's presence, 'knocking'.

Speaking aloud even as she sends her will, "You're welcome here, Mystra," Antenora says.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia stands nearby similarly in her usual armour, while Marie wears a purple and gold set of wizard's robes as she loiters by the pool, an important enough presence to be here but not important enough to be prominent.

Alicia just nods as Antenora responds to the knock, as is her right with this being her divine realm too.

Anastasia

There is a flash of silver fire, a few motes that expand outward. From this Mystra emerges, striding forth. The silver fire clings to her edges, burning against her without harming her at all.

Antenora steps forward, "Welcome, Lady Mystra," she says, "I would show you something I have begun."

"Thank you, Lady Antenora," Mystra returns that with a hint of a smile, though it doesn't last. "Show me."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Alicia and Marie keep quiet to let Antenora run the show, since it's in a sense her big debut.

Anastasia

The group is lead to the pool, Antenora nodding slightly to Marie. 'Thank you for tending it, love,' she sends, kneeling before the pool.

"This pool will allow those who come to it to see what they need to seek redemption for. It will provide clarity and insight to those who are serious, for reaching this place is no trivial task." Here Antenora dips her hand into the water, lifting it up and letting it gently pour back down. "A place for wounded and penitent souls to begin a journey of healing."

Mystra kneels as well, placing the tip of her pointer finger atop the surface of the water. "It's not finished," she observes. "Are you unable to?"

"Not yet," Antenora admits, "I can manage to simulate it with divine will, but to create it as a magical location is still beyond my grasp. Latha has always been the artisan of us."

"I had thought you would show me something grander," Mystra admits removing her finger from the waters. "Something to impress me, to show me your worth and measure." Her tone is neutral, no accusation or anger in it.

"Mystra." Antenora says, "You've seen me at my worst. You've heard my prayers." With a nervous smile, "You've even celebrated with us before. I instead show you that my journey is not finished, but I still am what I have become. I'll not bewitch you with glamour, I will instead show that I am still the one you have known all this time. I am still one who will strive forward to tomorrow, to see that errant souls are saved and that this Creation grows ever so slightly brighter each day. Not by self serving glories or empty praises, but by my own work, dedication and toil. Imperfect as it may be, it is what I have and it is what I will stride forward with."

"You are what you are." Mystra concludes, rising. "Better that than anything else, or you would have already betrayed yourself."

"I am what I am," Antenora agrees, offering her hand out to Mystra.

Mystra takes that hand, shaking it. "You will be what you will be, and Creation is better for it."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

That was unexpectedly harsh from Mystra, and even if she moderated her tone the words were still very unkind.

At least she recovered afterwards so Alicia doesn't have to speak up too stridently in her friend's defence, but still... "Antenora's deeds resound far further than her creations. It was no craft that drew Eblis back to the heavens, no artifice that saw her ascend herself. What she is and what she does are what matter, why she's earned a place as one of Creation's Gods and protectors." she speaks up, stepping towards the pair.

Anastasia

Mystra and Antenora share a look as they shake hands.

"I bear Antenora no ill will, she has acquitted herself well in the past and present," Mystra agrees.
<Afina> Forever.