News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Date night

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

She smiles and projects her divine voice back. Hello Kascha, is that you? It's Alicia with Syala and Latha. We're here to talk about our contribution to the Abolition War.

Anastasia

Oh! Alicia, hello there. Amaryl's busy and Seira's out, but come in.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia thus leads her party into the Cauldron proper, asking Kascha where she is in particular so they can teleport there and talk to her in person.

Wait, can you teleport in the Cauldron or does it not work because astral? Well they can fly there too, just as easy.

Anastasia

Kascha is there in moments, "Hi," she calls, smiling. "Come with me, I'll have one of our generals advise you and tell you what you want to know."

"Kascha," Latha greets, "We're all looking forward towards another victory."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Thank you Kascha, you're looking well," Alicia compliments as they go along to get a briefing now that they're full participants in the war.

Anastasia

Thus you are brought to Valar, "Alicia," he greets you gravely, rising to offer you his hand. "Syala, Latha. Welcome to history being made."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She leans forward to clasp Valar's hand. "Yes, it's good to be taking part in this instead of just watching. I'm here to find out what you've learned in the war so far, and where Sylica's strength can best be used to bring us to victory."

Anastasia

Handshakes all around, Valar's grip strong after all these years, in spite of time wearing at him. After various pleasantries are made and everyone has a seat, "First, your forces are not seriously impeded after the last battle?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

She shakes her head. "We weren't heavily engaged and Syala and Antenora were able to handle the worst of it," Alicia says as she gets comfortable. "Nor did the recent invasion from the Abyss make much headway."

Anastasia

"Events have all been in our favor so far," Syala agrees.

"Then then general situation. In the aftermath of the failed attack on Zaaman Rul, all signs point towards the efreet and allies regathering their forces." Valar begins, "Zaaman's Rul's forces are recovering and filling in losses from that battle, and still stay on a defensive footing for the moment. Various allies are helping him fill the holes until he's ready to go on the offensive while maintain an acceptable defensive force at home."

Going on from that, "What intelligence we have about the Sultan's forces is that they weren't hurt too badly, nor were the dao. Imix took the worst of this, and by reports he's secluded himself and is working on something. What we don't know." Valar reports. "Our light is strong and so is Lathander's light, but the glow of fire can hide well."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Have you noticed any movement from Hell to support the efreet?" Alicia asks. "We'll be better used fighting away from Fire since most of our soldiers have to rely on magic to withstand even the environment so operating on other fronts makes most sense for us, guarding your flanks so to speak."

Anastasia

"That's my own conclusion," Valar agrees, a pause as he taps a finger on the table. "I've heard reports that Hell's mustering, but there doesn't seem to be any move to go on yet. Like a plague, they're going to strike when most opportunistic."

Latha frowns slightly at this, "They were chastised over Aurora, but they're hardly diminished. Why such a lukewarm support of a traditional ally?"

"I've heard nothing of strain between Hell and the efreet, though there are murmurings at court about it," Valar goes on, "Though Zaaman Rul's intelligence there only goes so far. We're working under the assumption it's a plot."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Assume they'll strike when it'll prove most devastating and you won't be disappointed," Alicia surmises. "It's only a matter of time, they just haven't found the right moment yet."

Anastasia

"They  must not have had faith in Imix," Latha speaks up, "A Hellish advance as well may well have been decisive. If we had lost Zaaman Rul, then we may well have lost Fire for ages." Her expression is pensive, "Perhaps Eblis as well if he had chosen to take the field. I don't think all of us combined had a chance if he challenged us."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Or rather they had faith," Alicia corrects Latha. "On paper the force attacking Zaaman Rul's realm had high odds of victory. If they'd been more committed things could have gone differently. I don't fancy my chances against Eblis any worse than I do against the Grand Sultan or Imix, those two could well have been sufficient."