News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Forest breeze

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

"What about them?" Ianvasah asks, "What about them is so wise? They sound more like men than anything else."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"Have you ever met a dragon that wasn't over proud of being what it was? And yet Io, the pinnacle of dragons created an entire breed that emulates other creatures. From the little I've found of them, other dragons hold them in high regard and their life long quests are closely guarded secrets. They emulate other beings and seamlessly mesh into society. Sound familiar?"
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"Aye, I know," Ianvasah says at that, "Your point was made without being obvious."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well, perhaps it's something to ask Io about next time? Still, if there's a dragon out that that does the same thing that doppelgangers do, it's a path. If nothing else, you might pick up some tricks."

Anastasia

"Dragon or not, I doubt they're better than my kind," Ianvasah retorts, "We've good at blending in if we try at all. No, they're better because they have a far better starting position." Sitting up now as the sun's light slowly gets brighter, more and more coming after the dawn, "I have no doubt about that. Still, they may have insights or knowledge that would escape us, by them being dragons and us not."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa inclines her head, "Let me give you warning: going into any investigation with a preconceived notion will do nothing but cripple your discovery. Your kind has a... Poor reputation. Don't let that lead you astray."

Anastasia

Ianvasah's retort is cut off by a knocking on the door. "Alyssa, are you up yet?" Emily calls.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa rolls her eyes and grins lazily at Ianvasah, "One late morning and the demi-plane falls apart."

A bit louder she calls, "Come in."

Anastasia

Emily hip bumps the door open, carrying a tray laden with breakfast - looks like egg dishes on a glance. "Good morn-" she begins, "Oh, Ianvasah. I'd have brought more if I'd known you were here."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"I'm fully willing to share. I have magic that sustains me without food. Eating is something I enjoy."

Anastasia

Thus the tray is put down, "Well, I talked to my Moms," Emily begins.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

"Well, about our current mission," Emily says, "She approved of what I was doing and our goals," Brightening at this and then drooping a bit, "Even if she did tell me to focus more on rescuing the slaves net time."

Ianvasah gets an omelet and tucks into it rather hungrily, a small bit of fried greens with it as well. Only after a few bites does she look up, "I don't think any of us were happy about that," she confesses. "Did she have useful council about what happened at the bank?"

"She suggested I do something riskier if it's needed to free slaves," Emily admits. "I talked to her some more and I think we could've made a stronger, more focused. I think the phrase is a spear thrust? A single spear thrust to punch through all defenses at once. So next time they have less of a chance to run away."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa nods. "I agree, we backed off. But my spells weren't punching through the way I expected. That changed after I regathered and refocused. I'm not a combat mage, exactly, but I'm getting there."

Anastasia

"We all have room to improve. I'm going to focus on my own magic soon," Emily admits, "I think I can bolster how I work - I need several adjustments, but I can do it. I know I can." She meets your gaze with her own smile, "We can do this."
<Afina> Forever.