News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Game time

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

So run me through what you're trying to will into being here, I'm not sure if I follow the intent. Like you want to teleport to there?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I'm on Magma. I want to use divine power to translate my absolute position on Magma into numbers. If nothing instinctively bites, then as Mechanus would do it (because Mechanus would have GPS coordinates for everything).

I will also try to sense whether Mask's dimensional vault shares the same plane as I do every other moment, to see if I manage to spot a correlation between the planar indicators and Magma itself. I'll keep at it for ten minutes.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, that makes sense. Give me a rank check, would you?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

20:50 <Seira> roll 1d20+2
20:50 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 11 > [d20=9]

Anastasia

No roll, can't lose the roll.

The first approach doesn't work - you do need some method to frame it, some system. You invoke what Mechanus uses - and it doesn't seem to match, or at least easily lineup.

You can't sense the vault, or at least don't feel anything from it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Suggestions?" Seira voices, thinking out loud. "The elemental planes are infinite, so counting from an edge doesn't work. There aren't really edges, they just merge together into the quasi and para planes. There is no single, universal center from which to start counting, either. The divine realms might work, such as Kossuth's on Fire, but by their very nature they are not exactly on the planes themselves...."

Peering towards the distance, Seira wonders, "What if 'Null/Air/Fire/Fire/Fire/Fire/Fire' means the spot where the plane of Fire meets with Air and Negative Energy? Not Smoke nor Ash, but a spot the three meet? And on Fire itself, obviously."

Anastasia

Kascha takes the paper and reads it. "...I think we're overcomplicating this, Seira. Kossuth and the other three made this. Have you considered asking them or someone knowledgeable?" Now she's frowning," The problem is that we know it's a system but we don't have the foggiest of how to read the system or the system's rules. That's as good as being meaningless when we're dealing with an entire plane."

To this Amaryl comes over and peers at it, "No, I think Seira's onto something. That could be worth investigating."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"To my knowledge, Mask blackmailed Grumbar over it and then they fought. I'd prefer to solve this on our own rather than risking bringing more complications into this thing," Seira tells them. "Anyway, it's been a while and no attack or curious local conditions, so let's do the same at all of Magma's edges with the other planes, and then we'll hop over to Smoke?"

Anastasia

General agreement to that and...

Gimme an Int check as you work.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

21:34 <Seira> roll 1d20+18+2+2+2 int
21:34 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 43 > [d20=19]

I'd also like to confirm the code is decimal based, and to see whether anything pops other than Null/Air/Earth/Water/Fire.

Anastasia

You see sets of four numbers with no decimals. It looks to be consistently four numbers for each entry, though, such as:

1394 4582 9238 2098 2398 5992

9234 5920 5839 5029 1113 8392

You don't think it uses decimals based on this. It sticks to whole numbers, though you have a suspicion that the numbers may be used together in some sort of fine tuned coordinates rather than being separate ones.

It's all patterns of various Null/Earth/Air/Fire/Water in various permutations. You notice it tends to be 'chunky' for lack of a better word. One element usually dominates. For example:

Null/Air/Fire/Fire/Fire/Fire/Fire

Air/Air/Air/Air/Air/Earth/Null

Fire/Fire/Fire/Fire/Null/Null/Water

However, you never see seven of the same, there's always at least one that's another element or null.

You also notice that with rare exceptions, opposing elements (earth/air and fire/water) are separated by an element or null in the sets of seven.  Something like Fire/Water or Earth/Air is extremely rare, in less than 1% of sets.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Sorry to trouble you, Seira reaches out to Kossuth. Kascha and I are discussing ways to ascertain location on the Inner Planes, and she suggested that you might already have a system in place where a set of numbers correspond to a location on Fire. Could you please tell me if this is so?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Could you please teach me how to use it?

Anastasia

There are several for different needs.
<Afina> Forever.