News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Game time

Started by Anastasia, June 11, 2019, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Interesting. Emily, you should follow up on that," Seira says, gesturing at the vile greataxe with her thumb. "It's legitimately Shadin's to my sight, and since Chauntea wasn't behind some gambit of his keeping it stowed away secretly was all him. Seems like a fun and fulfilling quest to me!"

After that, it's time to look in on the evil souls.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

"Yes, Mom," Emily agrees, "Didn't you ask Chauntea about that?"

Looking for anything in particular with them?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

"I got the ball rolling, but following up on things is very important!" Seira lectures her. "And it'd be good for you, too, since it'd build ties for you outside your immediate circle of acquaintances."

After studying the souls, Seira frees them of their containment with a burst of holy power! In that instance that they are purified, she offers the sinners a choice of making up for their past mistakes upon a rebirth in her realm while letting those few who rightfully belong to the non-evil pantheons and were captured unjustly the chance to proceed to their original destination instead.

Anastasia

Freedom. Joy.

Many see you and recoil, screaming as they plunge to the afterlife they embraced in life, unwilling or unable to consider anything else. Others yet are freed to go as they were meant to, no longer burdened by the greed of fiends. The last coil around you, as if children seeking protection from their mother.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

True to her word, Seira takes on their sins and reincarnates them to be raised properly this time around over at the Cauldron!

Anastasia

Light bursts around you as you work your will, blinding radiance as it is done.

Emily watches as Oraga looms protectively behind you. Once it's done, "You really are on another level, you and Alicia and the others." she remarks, "As powerful as Alyssa is, she isn't there yet."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Eh, you're stronger than her," Seira says absently. "It's not about power but what you seek it for, corny as that sounds."

She claps her hands, then. "Let's get to the main event! Show me the cursed royal efreet jewels~"

Anastasia

Thus you are taken to them, glittering jewels that...

Go ahead with your plan.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

A container filled with blood is produced out of thin air, and Seira opens it and tilts the vial until a drop of blood slides out to land on her palm. She sends it back into storage, properly corked once more, and then draws a symbol representing fire upon her palm as if it were a canvas. As a henna tattoo, the mark remains upon Seira's skin even as she picks one of the opals and studies it, the very image of efreet royalty!

UMD times!

22:09 <Seira> roll 1d20+86
22:09 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 96 > [d20=10]

Intention is to deceive the opal into thinking I'm efreet royalty and thus allowed to pick them up and move them. Then, once that succeeds, I wish to examine the curse. If it was placed by the royals, perhaps while emulating one I could alter the conditions. I somehow doubt the efreet royals had been moving the collection in person every time they needed to polish it or what not.

Anastasia

With that and your sublime focus, you pick up the gems. It's strangely hard to do so, but you grasp one and lift it up. Got it!

Give me a quick Spellcraft?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

18:56 <Seira> roll 1d20+93 divine insight
18:56 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 108 > [d20=15]

Anastasia

The curse is pretty straight forward. The way to break it is surprisingly simple - splash the opals with the blood of marid royalty.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"What an interesting curse!" Seira exclaims, gathering the opals. "You'll have to come back with me to the Cauldron to uncurse them properly, Emily. Let's do that once we're done here?"

Next on her agenda is taking a look at Alyssa's ring.

Anastasia

For reference since the Spellcheck is trivial for you:

Black Signet Ring: This gold and onyx ring is invisible when worn (as if by a superior invisibility spell). It grants a +20 competence bonus to Stealth checks and the ability to detect good at will (caster level 25th) as a free action. It grants a +5 profane bonus to saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities with the good descriptor, as well as supernatural and extraordinary abilities of celestials.

If you have a particular action in mind like wanting to look into a purification quest or some other thing, just say so and I'll go from there.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira examines the ring in more detail, focusing on its history and maker.

If I know who made it and for what purpose, I'll make a purification quest that fits into that. A short version is fine.