News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Crystal hunt

Started by Anastasia, June 14, 2019, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

The door opens, a fencing hall seen ahead. Here ghaele can be seen, rapier-fights in pairs. It certainly looks like the court, everything elegant and just ever so slightly dreamlike.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

"This is probably the right place." Calleigh says as Tryll passes through. "Fighty ghaele dudes. Dana is missing out. I wonder what she and Benyen are doing, anyway."
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"A different kind of rapier practice," Miranda says as you head on in. Not that this stops the fighting. There's doors to either side on the far walls, if you care to leave this particular little fight behind.

'They're lovers?' Thorajin asks, even as his fishy gaze in on the ghaele.

"They aren't quiet or secret about it at all," Miranda says, and with a hint of a smile, "They have passionate needs."

A few of the ghaele pause their duelings to look on, "Valkyrie," one calls, a man with a ready smile and wearing a pair of pants and nothing else, showing off a firm, strong chest. His hair is electric blue, mussed and sweaty. "Are you here to join us?"

Miranda shakes her head, "I'm here with friends."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'They're very obvious about their passions, yes.' Tryll agrees. 'Dana is very...abrupt? Forthcoming?'

"We're here to see the Queen! Big stuff going on!" Calleigh says to the electric blue ghaele.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

A pause to eye Calleigh, "Oh, in that case, go that way," he points towards a door on your left.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Thanks!" Calleigh takes off in that direction, "Come on guys!"

Anastasia

Thus your party follows. The next door takes you to a stairway winding up, surrounded by a tower of elegant, shining gold. Windows let in the starlight, a dim light to contrast with the bright light of the gold here.

Gytha begins to fly up while Miranda does the same.  "Always a good sign in the Heavens," Miranda adds, "Better than going down."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

And thus they proceed.

Anastasia

The party flies up, up the stairs. Up and up and up and up. 5 minutes and then 10, 15 and then 20.

Finally, 'Does higher mean better?' Gytha cuts in.

"Sometimes," Miranda says, "This is unusually long for a stairway, but the Queen is the Queen." Peering ahead and up, "Besides, I see the top now."

Indeed, the stairs end above in a simple end, a door leading further within. A door of gold, richly colored.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"It's different every time. Sometimes it's a stairway. Sometimes it's a hallway. Sometimes it's a riddle. Sometimes it's a bedroom you have to fall asleep in and DREAM your way into the Court. Remember, Chaos has its own rules!" Calleigh says as she flies toward the door.

Anastasia

The door opens as you approach and ahead is a moonlit field, the night a blanket around all of you now.

Come, heroes of Aurora. Come and dream with me.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Yay!" Calleigh cheers as she passes through the doorway at full speed.

'Looks like we're dreaming our way in. Possibly.' Tryll says as he heads through as well.

Anastasia

Thus you pass into the field.

Gytha is silent, taking it all in.

Thorajin looks around, 'Better than much I've seen," he declares, while Miranda follows.

Rest, dream. Ask the question that you seek the answer to.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh drops out of the air and faceplants into the grass.

'Well, that's one way to do it. Gytha, Thorajin, I know we don't normally sleep, but let's just do it. It's magic. I'm sure it'll work anyway.'

Anastasia

Miranda lies down, closing her eyes as she lies on her stomach. There she rests, head against the grass.

Like this, the party is swept away into rest.

---

Tryll floats in the comforting reaches of his mind, secluded into the long forgotten embrace of sleep. Here he drifts on as...

You dream of many things, and seek the answer to a question most of all.
<Afina> Forever.